What point in time would you travel?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by voodoocat, Nov 5, 2003.

1. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Of course this is a photography forum so.....

Armed with a camera and lots of film (or memory cards) you are given the keys to a time machine. You only get to travel to one time period to capture photos of people, places, machines, etc. Where do you go?

I think I would like to photograph the old west. Obviously there was photography back then... but I would love to capture miners, farmers, homesteaders, cowboys, native americans, etc using modern optics and film. I'd take an assortment of film to capture all sorts of things. I think I would take enough film to give me two rolls a day for a year.

2. Dew

Dew TPF Noob!

i would go back to the early 70's Germany (very early 70's :lol: ) to photograph my hubby when he was a little kid ... he was so cute :sillysmi:

3. havoc

havoc Jedi something or other

Ancient Rome, i would love to see the Roman Forum and Colleseum in its day. Travel to Osti, visit anchient England, Germania and Gaul. Then i took ride my trusty steed over to Isreal and see if Jesus Cristo really existed, that would be a money shot right there LOL. Witness a few miracles, (or slight of hand tricks) and head back to Rome to wait for the completion of the Collesium. Catch some chariot races, watch a couple gladiator duels. Then to top off a good trip i think i would assasinate the Emperor Nero 5 yrs before he was killed, (leave my very own mark on history)
    Oh wait i am dreaming again, i would prolly be captured, taken as a slave, and feed to lions, on second thought i think i will stay right here.

4. nukie

nukie TPF Noob!

Early 20's and 30's. I'd have to have a few cameras tho, cause I'd be attaching them to the sides of cars. And personally, the cars of the 20's and 30's are the sexiest and shapeliest (is that a word? you know what i mean tho).

Oh, and my suction cup to attach the cameras with of course.

5. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Dude, you must not mess with the lifeline of others :p You're there simply as a phootographer.

6. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Hmmm....an extremely interesting thought.
    There's so many periods that would have such splendid photo-ops but I'm thinking Dinosaurs etc. would be my choice.

7. carlita

carlita TPF Noob!

no question, it'd be the 60s. the cars, the clothes, the musicians, the political figures... i wasn't meant to miss that decade. something went wrong. so i'd like to go back to take it all in firsthand.

8. havoc

I'd drop acid with ya Carli, soak up the 60's ambiance. Pictures on Acid, i am seeing a publication here........

9. havoc

Or perhaps i am seeing giant pink elephants?

10. Sharkbait

Sharkbait TPF Noob!

Middle ages, definitely. Can't wait for 'Timeline' to come out next month (or is it later this month??)!!! :D :D

11. carlita

carlita TPF Noob!

i don't know about this "with" business. i certainly wouldn't do it!

12. luckydog

luckydog TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I would love to go back to the Wild west and Gold rush eras in American history. The characters you'd come across out there would be great for portraits etc.
    Maybe i've seen too many westerns and am way way off the mark but hey, It would be cool.
    I can see it now......The gunfighter with his hands just off the pistol grips of his six shooters, fingers flexed, legs slightly apart and bent at the knees, black hat, squinting into the sun and "Hey mate hold that pose! that's it, that's it... great!"
    Taken in B&W or Sepia of course