What Price Monomania?

Well, let's see: here's a link to somebody's flickr portfolio which consists of 5 pages of identically composed photos of British newspaper headline adverts. What do you think of such a thing? Failed experiment? Warholian excess? Rampant monomania? Maybe there's a discussion contained therein, maybe there's nothing to discuss at all. Does it matter?

I'm not at all trying to get smart, I'm being serious when I say . Some may expect to have a discussion since it's the 'photographic discussions' part of the forum. ?

Discussion? ok .. I'll give it a shot...

There are two on the first page that are grossly underexposed and grainy. They were shot with high ISO settings. very distracting.

There are some with off white balance settings... also distracting.

There are some whole pages that are good WB but its pretty flat.. all grey with black lettering.

The series looks like you are trying to make statement.. but I can't figure out the statement... without first reading the caption.

However.. there are some interesting headlines....

The series looks like you are trying to make statement.. but I can't figure out the statement... without first reading the caption.

My bad -- it's not mine, I just found the gallery while looking up something else. I thought it might provoke some conversation on the idea of an intentionally repetitive series of photos and whether it was a valid concept or not. Guess I should have been more explicit. :delete:

Most reactions

Back