What printers do you use?

giddonah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is part survey, part suggestion for a good printer. One that might even do 11" x 17". Also, does anyone use a laser printer for photos?

I'm not going to be very helpful to you but I have a HP Deskjet 930C at work and a HP 895 at home. Both are probably 5 or 6 years old. Ok but not up to todays standards.

I've heard that the Epson printers are very good but I've not used or seen one. Only read a few anecdotal reviews of them.

I was watching a TV show that was reviewing inkjet printers.

For the best quality prints, you want one with 6 or 7 inks. The 7th one is gray ink that will allow you to print black & white prints that look much better than one printed with just one black ink.

I use 2 HP 5550s. One at home and one at the office. They don't do 11x17 but for anything bigger than an 8x10, I'd send it out for printing.

I use a lowly Epson c82- it's my second. The first didn't like watercolor paper being forced through it. :D It prints great photos and it's a real low end one so If you invest in a better epson your are going to get a great printer. I've personally had the best luck with epsons and will continue to use them. Here is a link for a review to a fairly priced (about $300-$350)but amazing printer. Granted it will not print 11"x17" but it will do 8"x10" and continuious panoramics.http://www.shutterbug.net/test_reports/0804sb_epson/index.html

I too have had the best of luck with the Epson Stylus Photo series. I currently get great 4x6, 5.7, and 8x10 prints from a Stylus Photo 825. 825 is long discontinued

I just bought (yesterday) a HP 8450 - new model out that does a really good job....unfortunately i haven't had the time to get to know it yet, but so far it's great....

good luck

Most reactions

New Topics

Back