What Projects Are You Working On?

wanderer86

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.createaspectacle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I love seeing what people are working on. It's always a huge inspiration. I would also love to get your feedback on a project I had done :) My mentor has given me a couple bulk rolls of expired Panatomic X and I love the results in Rodinal. What are your thoughts?

All of these were shot with my trusty Olympus OM1N w/ Zuiko 50 1.4 and on Pan-X developed in Rodinal :)

Secret Garden by Aimee Lower, on Flickr

I'm working on my painting. From what I see here there is no way I will ever make money from photo.

I particularly like the second one, lots of texture in the composition. They're good, Aimee.

I'm taking a class in photo encaustics. So far I'm painting cardboard white to make some practice substrates. And printing some practice photos. And goofing off on here. Then I need to watch the next video...

I keep going back to look at that second one.

edit - Is this for school? Good stuff on your Flickr. And I spied that SX-70, do you use it? I love mine. And something midcentury, an Imperial??

Last edited:
I particularly like the second one, lots of texture in the composition. They're good, Aimee.

I'm taking a class in photo encaustics. So far I'm painting cardboard white to make some practice substrates. And printing some practice photos. And goofing off on here. Then I need to watch the next video...

I keep going back to look at that second one.

Wow! That sounds like an interesting class. What exactly is photo encaustics and what do you do with the practice substrates you make?

Thank you for your kind words on the photos :) This was probably the roll that I was most proud of when I first started developing. It made me fall in love with shooting florals which I hadn't liked doing in black and white before. :)

^Just google "encaustic photo" and then be prepared to sit a while in wonder.

That's something I'd love to learn to do at some point. Maybe when I retire from my day job.

I don't have much free time these days, don't even have time to shoot very often. Just work and deal with some family stuff. But when I do get bits of time, I am working on upping my PS skills; currently working on composites, masking, layering (not that I didn't already know HOW to mask and layer, but working on some more advanced skills) and doing some pretty cool grunge-ish, composite work with some of my bird photography.

Shot my friend's house blessing ceremony last weekend. Should have them done by this weekend. Her daughter's only 10 but she's got 'it'. I've already asked to do a shoot with her which we should be doing soon.

I'm working on my painting. From what I see here there is no way I will ever make money from photo.
Why not?/QUOTE]

Well, my schooling was in the arts and I couldn't stand most of the commercial photography I did. But today, it doesn't matter much because average level commercial photography barely pays anything.

And art photography was never a big seller.

That's all.

Grungy birds? lol would like to see that! jk, it sounds interesting.

Doing encaustics you can use Encausticbord, which is already coated in white, or other wood. With that or cardboard you have to paint a layer of white tempera paint. I'm going to start with that to practice; this is done in layers and you have to make sure each is coated smoothly with no air bubbles, etc.

You print the photos on white paper, not photo paper, but paper paper. So you need a white background. You glue on the photo then do layers of beeswax mixture.

Apparently there are paintings from something BC still preserved (because of the beeswax). Not photos of course! lol

Most reactions

Back