What should I bring!!!

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Alright...so, I don't travel. I haven't traveled...in 12 years.

What in the hell should I bring with me. I'm going to England for 12 days and in between that I'm gonna be in Algarve for 5 days.

England is pretty sweet cause I don't really have to worry about much. I'm staying with family, food and booze is taken care of, my Mum's even trying to set me up with a "pretty girl" from down the road.

But what about Portugal?

so far on my list is...

-sunglasses
-swim shorts
-polo shirts (don't actually have any yet)
-flip flops (don't have any yet)
-camera equipment
-laptop (I kinda shouldn't but I need the extra space to offload pics too)
-proper power adapters (anyone know exactly what I would need for Portugal to make everything from Canada/US work?)

Someone here in the office just got back from the Algarve, and she says the adapter is the one with two round prongs.

It sounds like you need to start shopping, Paul!

Bring some money, so you can try some vintage port. ;) That's what's important.

I'd be tempted to overpack, too....for 12 days, that's an awesome time off. But then you have to lug everything with you, so.....gotta try to move light.

I'd say you had it down pretty well at this stage.

I'd have been packed since the weekend, of course....you're such a guy... :roll:

I would suggest Toiletries...;)

Oh...and Tylenol/Advil and tummy medicine, you're traveling and your tummy might not like it.

terri keep in mind i'm staying with family (my Mum), so laundry will be easy to do. I have one medium suitcase and that's it. I'll be taking things like jeans out of the suitcase and leaving them with her for the trip to Algarve.

Does anyone know if I need just an adapter, or some kinda converter? I just wanna make sure my battery charger for the camera is gonna work. I'm gonna be working that little picture takin box to the limit on this trip...don't wanna get left with out battry powaaa.

The girl who told me of the adapter said they needed the converter part too.

don't forget about sun oil or whatever with UV filter... there is now about 45C which is about ...110F ?? (something around) and the sun can be VERY painful

Yeah...that too. I'll probably just buy something there to save the space in the suitcase.

It's apparently supposed to be really hot in England too.

Its not as hot as it was here..... but dunno, you may think its still quite hot.....

If your going to portugal your gonna need an England Shirt :mrgreen: ..... j/k still havent got over that im afraid....

How about an MP3 player.. gotta have some tunes!

iPod in the house. I'm gonna use it to back up pictures aswell.

Take a picture of you with your Mum. That doesn't have anything to do with packing, I know, but I want to see it anyway, when you get back.

k? :D

polo shirst are out of fashion this season. If you want to be slick and dapper then go for cotton crew necks and vests (tank top-ish but not tight)...

;)

You should probs take some form of underwear and shorts and maybe some light trousers.

Have fun.

Daniel said:
polo shirst are out of fashion this season. If you want to be slick and dapper then go for cotton crew necks and vests (tank top-ish but not tight)...

;)

You should probs take some form of underwear and shorts and maybe some light trousers.

Have fun.

Are you trying to give me fashion advice?

Polo Shirts it is!

And terri, I will be taking many pictures with my Mum. I'm also giving her photography lessons the whole time. She and her husband have invested in camera's but don't have a bloody clue how to use them. Which is totally exciting for me, cause now we have something interesting to do the whole time.

Most reactions

Back