What should I do??? Photoshoot coming up! I'm still noob

danman281

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This girl wants me to take pictures of her. I said yes and offered to do it for free since I want to learn!

She is a dancer, pretty good looking too ;)
but I don't know where I should go to take the picture. I have taken a couple of shots of her before because I was in the area, and they turned out good. She knows how to pose and stuff. Where should I do the photoshoot at? a park? I don't own a studio or anything. She wants the pictures for her "dance profile"? idk any tips would be nice too

hmm does she have access to a gym or dance practice room?
Although it means dealing with indoor lighting (and possibly a lot of reflective glass in a dancing practice room) it would at least provided a good professional background for dance - also not distracting from the subject.

As for outside whatever you pick try to make sure that the background is not full of distractions (ie don't forget to take your eye off the dancer when setting up).
Aside from that forsettings you might find that either full manual mode or shutter priority mode will be the best - it depends if she is doing motion moves that you have to capture or if its static posing - where aperture prioity mode would help.

edit - also note some advice in this thread:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145152
though its a different subject its a similar state - ie a beginner offering photography services

hmm does she have access to a gym or dance practice room?
Although it means dealing with indoor lighting (and possibly a lot of reflective glass in a dancing practice room) it would at least provided a good professional background for dance - also not distracting from the subject.

As for outside whatever you pick try to make sure that the background is not full of distractions (ie don't forget to take your eye off the dancer when setting up).
Aside from that forsettings you might find that either full manual mode or shutter priority mode will be the best - it depends if she is doing motion moves that you have to capture or if its static posing - where aperture prioity mode would help.

edit - also note some advice in this thread:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145152
though its a different subject its a similar state - ie a beginner offering photography services

She personally doesn't have one, but I just remembered we have a very good dance studio in my school. Thanks for the advice. I really hope that it goes well because I don't want to bring her there and have a bunch of crappy pictures lol

and yes, "dancer" really does conjure different images

Most reactions

New Topics

Back