What should I do with this picture?

I just wanted to chime in and say that I really like what both Pacer and Bowron have done, although if I were picking, I would choose the wider crop.

So here's what I came up with:

I cropped some of the tux and empty space on the right.
Bumped up the contrast a tad and softened up the image.
Then desaturated it by 40%.

ring2.jpg

THIS is beautiful! Love the colors and the focus for me is the ring.. Nice work

I really like what bowronfam did. I like the crop.
I'll mess around and if I like it i'll post it.
I have a feeling that you're all being 'technical' sometimes brides just like 'pretty and cutesy'.
My best friends getting married in a few months.. and being a girl myself I'm quite guilty of liking 'pretty' over technical sometimes.

If I dont post.. it means I messed up and went to bed (It's 10am I know.. but I just got home from work)

Here's my version. Perhaps it would be better on the panoramic crop but I didn't think of that till afterwards.

ringcopy.jpg

I put a 35mm lens flare at 26 on the ring. It was really hard putting it somewhere where it wouldn't actually take away from the ring. I eventually lost patience and said it was fine but it could maybe come down a bit and to the left. Or be a bit dimmer.

Girls LOVE when their rings sparkle in the light!!!:heart:

Hope this helps.

If you have other ring shots, I'd just throw it out. (sorry!) I like EOS JD's crop, but it would make a funny print, I think. If it is a huge file, you could crop everything but the center of the hand, and it might work. (though it probably won't be printable large, it may still be usable as a 4x6)

I would have done what Pete's done. I often don't worry a whole lot about cropping my images to the standard sizes because I'll just do something like what he's done.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back