What Should I Do?

Peanuts said:
Calm down. I couldn't read it all because the bold, capitalized and excess use of *, along with the dancing red guys were blurring my vision.
Have you talked to UPS?

QFE

Peanuts said:
Have you talked to UPS?

Yes, I called them. They only thing they could offer me were their 'sorrys'.

They also said the the UPS driver took the package, placed infron of the door, ringed the door bell and left. That was at 11:28 AM this morning. So, when I got this information, I left my house at around 2:00 PM; I went over to the address where they droped it off and the package wasn't there.

Xmetal said:
Approach the owners of the wrong address and ask them if they picked up the parcel.

The funny thing is is that the 'wrong address' is my brothers place. He works from 8 AM to 5 PM. I dont know why the UPS driver didn't take the package back and leave a little slip on the door saying they need to pick it up.

I courier stuff from work all the time and when I talk to the courier co. they always ask " If the resident isnt home, is it ok to leave the package in a safe spot "?

Now the seller may not have sent it via courier but maybe he had this option and ok'd it ? I don't know how it works....

Sorry to hear about it going awol :(

Great. This is just great. I just called UPS again and asked them why the UPS driver just left it there. They said because I didn't ask that the package needed to be signed.

So, I guess it justifies leaving a package at an apartment complex.

Your feedback rating is -1. Very nice. ;)

First off, the delivery was well within acceptable time frame unless you spend extra on 2-day or overnight. Negative feedback for the above would be inappropriate.

I'd offer a small reward and leave a flyer or two at the apartment complex.

As for the UPS if they made sure someone was home every single time, the number of delivery attempts (and costs) would explode. I'd bet most of the time it doesn't matter, the package gets to where it needs to be or is insured.

Your experience is typical of UPS, the service I've had has without exception been diabolical.
I once worked for a very large company in San Jose California and an urgently needed package was lost by UPS, when checking up with the tracking number I was informed that the package had been sent to Massachusetts because "the zip code number was blurred", I responded that it was quite understandable because San Jose in Massachusetts is often confused with the one in California!
Needless to say there was no response to my remark.
BTW, next time you see an item being loaded into a UPS truck watch for the famous UPS overarm toss, often applied to any item that's particularly fragile.
Congratulations on your new toy incidentally, enjoy!

I must jump in on this.
I used to work for UPS in Dallas.
The facility I worked at handled less than 1/2 of the Dallas Fort Worth area (roughly 6 million residents) that facitlity handled no less than 400,000 packages a day and peaked in the holidays at around 900,000.
If those poor drivers (who btw are kept to an incredibly tight schedule) were to wait for an answer at every house they stopped at, they would have to work 26 hrs a day!

As for it going to loiusville, that is one of the major hubs for UPS (they use a hub and spoke system alot like some airlines) If I remember correctly it covers the entire state, every thing going to KY goes to there (and everything going air to a majority of the country).

And another option would be for your house anyway to leave a note attached to your door anytime you are expecting a delivery to say, Please only leave packages with a real person.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back