What should I prepare before become a photographer

irisemars

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
vi-vn.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am newbie, I want to learn what do I need to prepare before learning and practicing to take photos. I want to save every scence in my life with my family and my lover. I'd love to take shoots of photo that basing on a story or background and theme. I 'd love to save to my blog.

Last edited:
You need to understand your camera's capabilities and limitations, even if it's a cell phone camera.
You need to understand the fundamentals of visual art - composition and how to manage light quality and direction.

Last edited:
I am newbie, I want to learn what do I need to prepare before learning and practicing to take photos. I want to save every scence in my life with my family and my lover. I'd love to take shoots of photo that basing on a story or background and theme.

This is a good book, "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson, as mentioned above by natethebosh. As a beginner myself I am working my way through it, it is in easy to understand format.

I have the Kindle version, half the price of the paper back book.

Fatten up your wallet!

Photography at it's core is capturing light. In order to do that well you have to understand exposure. The "Understanding Exposure" book is a great start at learning about this core concept.

Composition is the art side of photography. It's the side that takes excellent technical images and makes them art.

Lastly, get out there and start taking photos. Lots of photos. Make changes and see how they affect your photos.

I am newbie, I want to learn what do I need to prepare before learning and practicing to take photos. I want to save every scence in my life with my family and my lover. I'd love to take shoots of photo that basing on a story or background and theme.
Welcome!

I recommend that you learn what makes an artful composition. Learn to "see" the scene, whether it already exists or not. There are books on composition, but the artist brings the soul.

Even though I already had basic knowledge of manual shooting and whatnot, I read "Understanding Composition" when I got back into things and found it very helpful!

a stiff drink

A wallet with plenty of money or a credit card with a high spending value all helps :lol:

The technical side of exposure is not necessary, unless you want more control over how your photos look. If you're intent is simply to capture life's moments, a fully automatic exposure setting will work 90+% of the time; cameras can do a lot without our fiddling with them.

That said, as mentioned, knowing the camera's / phone's controls and limitations, as well as the artistic side (visual composition) are what you want to concentrate on, first. The exposure stuff will be handy if you want to go beyond the "defaults" the camera or phone will do.

One more thing - be sure to post a few here and get some critique. Good luck, and looking forward to some of your work.

Never stop taking photos. Think before you shoot. Shoot and shoot then shoot some more. Repeat for 5 years straight every single day. Have fun while taking pictures and find your style of photography. Stick with it. You would be.:icon_thumright:

Never stop taking photos. Think before you shoot. Shoot and shoot then shoot some more. Repeat for 5 years straight every single day. Have fun while taking pictures and find your style of photography. Stick with it. You would be.:icon_thumright:
yup, I think so! I will try!:angel:

Most reactions

Back