What Should The Punishment Be?

Not a lawyer....not sure if this was inciting a riot,Inciting a Riot California Penal Code 404.6 PC

which is a serious felony, or if it is a misdemeanor disturbing the peace charge California Disturbing the Peace Laws Penal Code 415 pc

OR if it is felonious disturbing the peace act, due to injuries people received as a direct result of this juvenile,disgusting act of stupidly... so, somewhere between a $400 per person fine and 90 days in the LA County Jail for each perpetrator/conspirator, and as much of a punishment as up to three full years in jail and $1,000 fine for the maximum charge on deliberate attempt to incite rioting with injuries caused.

I'm not sure if the panicked actions of the theater patrons would be rioting, or something else. I figure California has over 39 million people in it, and it certainly must have laws that deal with this kind of BS.

Good grief. I don't know, guess it depends on what they can be charged with. Seems serious enough but sounds like probably inducing panic/disturbing the peace, not a riot. Most were teenagers I guess? so that could make a difference.

Not a lawyer....not sure if this was inciting a riot,Inciting a Riot California Penal Code 404.6 PC

which is a serious felony, or if it is a misdemeanor disturbing the peace charge California Disturbing the Peace Laws Penal Code 415 pc

OR if it is felonious disturbing the peace act, due to injuries people received as a direct result of this juvenile,disgusting act of stupidly... so, somewhere between a $400 per person fine and 90 days in the LA County Jail for each perpetrator/conspirator, and as much of a punishment as up to three full years in jail and $1,000 fine for the maximum charge on deliberate attempt to incite rioting with injuries caused.

I'm not sure if the panicked actions of the theater patrons would be rioting, or something else. I figure California has over 39 million people in it, and it certainly must have laws that deal with this kind of BS.

So they are in the custody of their parents. That would be the absolute worst place for my son to be after pulling some ish like that. OOOOMMMMGGGG

If they turned themselves into the police and are cooperating with detectives (first line of the article) why have they not been identified (last line of the article)?

Sterilization so their "Idiot" Genes won't be passed on to future generations. The pool that is the human race could use a good dose of chlorine every now and then.

Said ages 14-20 I think, since some are underage depending on the news outlet's policy they may not release the names or show the faces on camera (once they get in front of a judge). Television news doesn't usually show lengthy segments unless they're doing a feature; you'd probably have to look at a local newspaper.

Hmmm, the Minority Police have identified JacaRanda as inciting meaningful conversations via his 'fisherman catches drone' and now this...
Hmmm, what should his punishment be?

Ok, a lot of us did stuff at that age that we count our lucky stars did not turn in to some sort of record or disaster.. Well, not me, really.
But, I think parents may be liable if people got hurt in some sort of 'reaction stampede ' due to heightened senses.
Some lessons learned are cheap, others not so cheap ...

Most reactions

Back