what size of pelican case??

Devananda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
looking to pick up a pelican case for my gear.
what size do you think I need. I have:
D80
nikon 80-200
nikon 18-70
soon to be sigma 150mm macro

wouldlike room to add gear later but at the same time would like to put the case in a backpack and be able to carry to work ( keep dry and safe on/or near the beach.)
thinking maybe the 1500??
thanks

Also, it depends on what you want to do with it. One of the folks on this forum suggested I get the 1510, which is the perfect size to fit on an airplane overhead, so it's perfect for travel. Also has an extendible handle and wheels so you can travel with it easily. I got that for my birthday gift and have since traveled with it to Alaska and Vietnam. In both cases it was AWESOME and held most of my stuff, including my digital SLR, my film SLR, and my medium format film SLR, hour lenses, a light meter, filters, etc.

Get one with the dividers and not the pick-and-pull foam, the former is much easier to deal with than the latter since you're likely to change things around a bit over the years (the dividers are easy to modify on the fly).

Hope this helps.

[edit] also, I think this one is a tad smaller than the one suggested above, which may make it better for you, or worse, depending on what you want to do. [edit]

I use a 1650, but loaded it can top 60 pounds. A friend has a 1600, it seems to be a nice compromise.

Most reactions

Back