what size prints from nikon D1?

Skyeg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i was wondering how big of a print you could get from a nikon D1 (only 2MP)?

even an 8x10 will/can be blurry and pixels or whatever. trust me.. :( i accidently shot some good stuff that low and the 8x10 looks best far away. I'll need to make a 5x7 if I want it in a portfolio.

but i dont want to discourage you. i would say just try it out. it could be me. maybe i shot lower than i thought.

since my stuff got stolen i cant realluy afford a new D70, so i was thinkign about getting a used D1 off ebay. i never print bigger than 8x10. but i want nice 8x10's.

someone who was trying to sell me one a while back was saying.."oh yeah its 2 MP but its not like a point and shoot 2MP, i print 20x30 and it looks as good as 35mm"

im pretty sure he was full of yeah but does anyone think there is any truth to that?

You'll be able to print 8 x 12's at 150 dpi. Which will give great results. Your friend is probabaly printing at 100 dpi, which is good quality, but may show in the print. The strictest people demand 300 dpi, but I think it's unneccessary. 150 looks great to my eyes. I was even happy with 100 dpi prints from my old camera.

Here's a full review on the D1:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond1/

You guys are comparing a consumer 2 megapixel camera to an aps sized sensor (23.7mm x 15.5mm) they are in totally different leagues.

I doubt that a 2mp camera, even with the larger sensor, would look good enlarging to 20x30 prints. But 8x12's I'm sure will look just as good as the 35mm.

I personally like my photos to look quality and do not go beyond the specific formats limitations.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back