What style is this?!

I have no idea what style to name it, but I see you don't mind filling the frame with your subjects, and that's great.

google is great! I got a lot from the learning section on photo.net. The text book is good and free.

And yes listen to Alpha's less than subtle words. I've learned allot from reading his comments.

When you post the best you can hope for is people to find something wrong.

And like has been said work on your focus. I played with manual focus doing my first shoot with someone modeling for me. It becomes your best friend.

Bryan Peterson's Understanding Exposure would be a great book to read. He explains things very clearly and you will almost definitely get something out of it. Good luck.

Set your camera to manual "M" and set your aperture and shutter speed manually. Read your manual if you don't know how to do this. By shooting in manual, you will not only learn how to control your camera but how it works as well. It's the best way to learn - once you get the basics down, you can typically switch over to Shutter mode "S" or Aperture mode "A".

Read your manual! it's not just extra padding, it has a ton of helpful facts and tips in it that will make this hobby so much more fun. A better understanding of photography is a main key in enjoying it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.

Where are you located, Lindsay?

Bryan Peterson's Understanding Exposure would be a great book to read. He explains things very clearly and you will almost definitely get something out of it. Good luck.

Set your camera to manual "M" and set your aperture and shutter speed manually. Read your manual if you don't know how to do this. By shooting in manual, you will not only learn how to control your camera but how it works as well. It's the best way to learn - once you get the basics down, you can typically switch over to Shutter mode "S" or Aperture mode "A".

Read your manual! it's not just extra padding, it has a ton of helpful facts and tips in it that will make this hobby so much more fun. A better understanding of photography is a main key in enjoying it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.

Manual Mode is my best friend. It's just about the only mode I use.

Manual mode is fun but there is alot of value in the other modes too. I shot in manual while I was learning my camera but only do it now if I have time to set up a shot...the ap and sp are really great when you have other variable (movement, changing light, needing to hurry).

I'm in Utah :)

I actually just got a couple shots yesterday that I'm going to post... I used auto, but I really focused on making sure it was in focus and using the flash.... I spruced them up in photoshop to make them cool so I hope y'all like 'em!

I didn't know those poses were legal in Utah.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back