What TC for 80-200/2.8D lens

To me, a TC is just a cheaper option to get to 400-500mm without dropping big bucks. 1k and up.

Most TC are 200-400. Seems like the logical choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me, a TC is just a cheaper option to get to 400-500mm without dropping big bucks. 1k and up.

Most TC are 200-400. Seems like the logical choice.

TC's here are ridiculously expensive here, so i've just never bought one. My only hope is the tamzooka or the sigma 150-600 that is also said to come out.

That's what I did.

I bought the Nikon converter $499.

Thought about it. Tamzooka is $500 more lol

That's what I did.

I bought the Nikon converter $499.

Thought about it. Tamzooka is $500 more lol

$499 is pretty affordable. A store in my town asks for double that.

Oh wow. Yeah that's crazy then. Might as well get the tamron then.

Oh wow. Yeah that's crazy then. Might as well get the tamron then.

The tamzooka has been on my order list for 2 months now on my amazon, but they still don't have it in stock.

Hence how I got scammed. Lol

forget using a TC with the 70-300mm lens - you will lose autofocus and probably degrade the quality of the image beyond an acceptable level. Your best price/performance option at this stage, is to purchase the new Tamaron 150-600mm. Sure, it is a whack more than a TC, but it is a really, really good lens for its price.... and nothing comes close to it for versatility in its price range.

As others have mentioned a 2x tc really only works well on fast glass. The 1.4? Well honestly you can usually crop enough that the 1.4 really isn't all that useful.

If your looking for a tc don't buy new. Keh always has a ton of them used for about half the price, a lot of people buy them new without understanding their limitations and end up selling them after only using them once or twice.

Most reactions

Back