What the heck, Just how small do I need to make my photos to post?

Lucryster

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
You guys do realize this is a photography site, right? I tried downsizing a photo to share to 2 megs!!! and it said it was too big for the site! WTF. Most of us use files that are much larger than that even after editing and being compressed. How we supposed to share, less we set them to like 20 percent quality?

The best way to show photos on the forum is to have an account with a photo sharing site such as Picasa or Flickr. You can then post the link in your post and it will show the image in the size you choose from the sharing site. Here's an example from my Flickr account.

DSC_4285 by Gary C's Photography, on Flickr

I upload right from my computer when loading to a thread, no Flickr or Photbucket needed and have never had to reduce size for that. I have had issues when loading to my gallery directly but a simple resize in PSE resolved that. I think I reduced to 1200 pixels on the small edge.

Pixel dimensions (photo size or image resolution) and file size are 2 different things. But reducing the image resolution make the file size smaller.

The Upload a File dialog box says the file size limit is 4 MB.
So something other than file size must be the WTF issue the OP has.

This image is a 3.33 MB file I uploaded from my computer. Click on it to see it full size:
D300BSunsetHiQuality12.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back