What the %*^@ i got duped?!?

Kiron Lenses

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kiron Lenses were photographic lenses sold by the Kiron Corporation, formally based in Carson, California, USA.
The company was set up as a subsidiary of Kino Precision Industries Limited, Tokyo, Japan in 1978–79, in order to market their lenses to the United States. Previously, they had made lenses under contract for Vivitar, among others, but felt production could be better maintained if they designed, manufactured and distributed their lenses under their own name.

Rise and Fall

Kiron lenses hit the US market in 1980 and following a successful advertising campaign had achieved significant sales. Kiron were then introduced around the rest of the world.
Following the introduction of Minolta's patent-protected autofocus lenses, the licence fees required to produce them, and the rapidly shrinking photographic market, Kino Precision decided to close down Kiron Corporation in the late 1980s.
Kino Precision continued to make photographic lenses for other companies for a number of years.
Some further lenses were sold in Europe, Australia, and Asia under the Kiron brand name but these were made by other manufacturers (notably Tokina) and rebranded as Kiron.

Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiron_Lenses

Also check: http://www.mflenses.com/content/view/55/

Seems you may have gotten a bargain IF it mounts.

Thats my problem, I have no idea of what lens mount it is, I've only used f mount lenses, and the only thing I know is that this isn't f mount...

Is there a website with pictures of the lens mounts?

I could take a picture, but my only digital camera is on my cellphone. :grumpy:

EDIT: I think its Olympus OM mount.

The link you posted says it is a C/Y (Contax/Yashica) mount, like Zeiss lenses. Unfortunately, I don't think they make a Nikon adapter, but I know they do make C/Y adapters for Canon bodies for like $50-100. Even then though, it still wouldn't autofocus.

So yeah, I'd look at filing a claim/dispure because to sell it you have to find someone willing to pay for it that either has a Canon with an adapter or would be willing to spend an extra $75 on it.

If it mounts and takes good pictures keep it!!
If it doesn't mount and it was the right mount listed for your needs FD,EF Paypal it wasn't as advertised..
Obviously if it was for a totally different camera Paypal you shouldn't feel you have to offload it unless you can see a good market for it where you can get your money back quickly.

If he had quite a few inquires about it it seems he'd take it back and want to resell it himself. If it said nikon mount, you have a case. You'd win. He doesnt want strikes aginst him on ebay. Take it to a camera store, find out what it mounts to and get them to verify it isnt nikon in writing. Send a copy to him, ebay and paypal. Or Make him think these are the steps you'll take and twist an arm to get your $ back...
Thats what I plan to do if I cant make a profit off of the lens.

The link you posted says it is a C/Y (Contax/Yashica) mount, like Zeiss lenses. Unfortunately, I don't think they make a Nikon adapter, but I know they do make C/Y adapters for Canon bodies for like $50-100. Even then though, it still wouldn't autofocus.

So yeah, I'd look at filing a claim/dispure because to sell it you have to find someone willing to pay for it that either has a Canon with an adapter or would be willing to spend an extra $75 on it.

The lens looks like this:

This picture is from another website, but the back of the lens matches this. Also it says "O/OM" on the back of the lens where it connects to the camera. I did a google search and I got links to Olympus mount lenses.

If it were me I would file a claim, if it was listed to fit a Nikon and doesn't I would tell the seller I want my money back, and shipping back. It's not up to you to try and get a return on it because of his mistake. It sounds like he told you he had other inquires so he wouldn't have to deal with you.

Do you need to buy something extra for it to fit a current day Nikon?

I read description from here http://www.cdegroot.com/cgi-bin/phot...5/2.8-3.8_Zoom and it sounds like it will work with Nikon, Canon, etc ... IF you have an adapter I'm assuming.

I do not know wording on the auction so you should make sure that seller did not cover himself for this type of thing. Am thinking, if he is a regular selling, he will cover himself. If he is not regular seller, I doubt he will care about threatened black (red?) mark in his rating.

*off topic

DSM (i think he is referring to) the motor mitsubishi and ford used in their older cars. They went out of business though so i think he is mislead by saying your EVO (your name at least) is a DSM because they stopped using them in 97 with the eclipse

Most reactions

New Topics

Back