What to do if your club hoards money

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by BananaRepublic, Jan 1, 2018.

1. 480sparky

480sparky Chief Free Electron Relocator Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    If you're getting what you want out of your membership in the organization, then don't worry about it. If you aren't, don't bother with them any more.... go elsewhere and just let your membership expire.

There's a couple photo-related organizations in my neck of the woods. The closest, however, I've heard is very elite and closed-minded.

The closest I get to an actual organized 'club' is an informal gathering every Saturday morning at the local brick-n-mortar camera store. Local shutterbugs gather and just discuss whatever comes up. No dues, no memberships, no minutes, no officers, no money.

• Like Like x 3
  2. dennybeall

dennybeall No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    The elitist attitude seems to also cause the thought that the money is not being handled well. When the meeting starts the Treasurer Report is either skipped or the bottom line is stated and a quick motion to accept is done.
    If the full report is presented and all understand, then questions of impropriety don't arise. Could be problems with choices made but it's all in the open.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. BananaRepublic

BananaRepublic No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit

Yes its all above board, theres nobody trousering anything but every year the is a surplus of between 6 and 8 Gs. Now that might be small compared to clubs people here are familiar with but with if you factor in some sort of cushion for major emergencies, say half than there still a handy sum to invest in things.

Its not being spent badly its just not being spent.