What to do with this?

Parago

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok guys.. so I took a gazillion pictures Independence Day 2005 downtown Atlanta, and this one of the shots I ended up with that night. Haven't done anything to it just yet, except cropping. I'd love to get creative with it but somehow I feel lost. What would you do to it, if anything at all? I know it seems a little blurry, I'd be ok with that tho.

I'd love to see you guys take it apart and put it back together, get creative with it. Thanks! :hail:

Attachments

• $ATL1Medium.jpg
    $ATL1Medium.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 187
Honestly, it looks to me like the bottom half of the image is missing. It has a lot of noise and it doesn't have any particular point of interest. It's also appears to be suffering some perspective distortion which is giving a few leaning buildings.

Post processing could make a better technical image, but in my opinion could not fix the composition.

You have some great shots on your web site, but I doubt this is ever going to be one of them.

Honestly, it looks to me like the bottom half of the image is missing. It has a lot of noise and it doesn't have any particular point of interest. It's also appears to be suffering some perspective distortion which is giving a few leaning buildings.

Post processing could make a better technical image, but in my opinion could not fix the composition.

You have some great shots on your web site, but I doubt this is ever going to be one of them.

Hm, maybe I cropped it wrong. I've attached the Original below and filtered it, so most of the noise should be gone. Still hopeless? :(

Attachments

• $ATLlarge.jpg
    $ATLlarge.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 189
The filtered original (resized) is nicer ... and you are not happy with this one and want us to "play" with it?
Wouldn't it then be better to have it in the "Photoshop Challenges" in the Photo Themes? Shall I move it there?

It's just one amateur's opinion Parago, but yes, I still feel the image lacks any real point of interest and is not composed in a way pleasing to the eye.

It's just one amateur's opinion Parago, but yes, I still feel the image lacks any real point of interest and is not composed in a way pleasing to the eye.

Yea, I think I can see what you're saying, maybe that's why I'm so desperate to have somebody come up with some ideas for it.. I just happen to like it somehow. :lol:

LaFoto.. if you would?! Thank you so much, I'll post stuff like this in the PS section from now on!

Right, I moved it and will also try to "be creative" with it, ok. Don't know if my creativity will suffice though... but I'll try.

Right, I moved it and will also try to "be creative" with it, ok. Don't know if my creativity will suffice though... but I'll try.

aaaand? :sexywink:

Oh. Erm ... oops :oops:

Members!
Come he-help!
A photoshop challenge is here!

Erm ... well, that is all I can do for now ....

Myself, I am no good in totally changing a photo in Photoshop, such as turning the high buildings from the right to the left or some such things, I can only do the little adjustments, no more:

Parago_ATLlarge_myedit.jpg

Sorry, no pink sky or anything like that...

Oops. My edit cries out for yet another treatment in NeatImage ... sorry, didn't think about that step...

Yay!!! another Challenge... I'll start on it tonight... Thanks for the challenge in advance

i thought i would have a go at editing it a little. after trying a couple other things with it, i went a different direction and came up with these.

34adab5a.jpg

f61f5e51.jpg

i couldnt decide which i thought i liked better, so i posted both.

John, I love the 1st version. It looks very crisp and deep. See, I loved the original blue sky so much, I would've never even thought about going b/w. It looks great, thank you so much!

LaFoto, no problem. I would've applied NeatImage, too - thanks to you I will be purchasing it in the next couple of days anyways. :)
Your colors look crisper, too - what exactly did you do to it?

John, I love the 1st version. It looks very crisp and deep. See, I loved the original blue sky so much, I would've never even thought about going b/w. It looks great, thank you so much!

LaFoto, no problem. I would've applied NeatImage, too - thanks to you I will be purchasing it in the next couple of days anyways. :)
Your colors look crisper, too - what exactly did you do to it?

im glad you liked the edit. after looking over the 2 of them, i like the first one too. the colors are more subtle and blends in with the rest of the shot better i think.

Most reactions

Back