What to give the neighbors for Christmas......

Pick the best gift

• Framed Picture

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Hot/cold (rice) packs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Card game

• Something sweet

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Something salty

• Dinner

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Mug/hot coco set

• Wine

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's time to get my Christmas ducks in a row, and I'm stumped on what to give the neighbors. He is a retired art professor, she is a retired social worker. A very sweet couple. They always remember they boys, keeping the kids pages from their newspaper for them. Birthdays and holidays and all that. But they have everything they seem to need/want, so I am stumped!

The options I've come up with are
A framed picture (they love art, but I know art is subjective.)
Handmade hot/cold rice packs
A new card game
Edibles.
I'm a bit if a health nut so I cringe when I think of handing out sweets, but I am willing! So I could do a sweet/salty snack or I could make them a nice (freeze able) dinner to eat at their convenience.
Wine, they do drink wine but I don't know anything about wine.
Hot/coco mug set

Open to other suggestions. :)

A threesome?

I voted for the wine, but what about offering to do a portrait of them? Would that be something they would like?

I know nothing about wine either, and I have a very good friend who LOVES wine. I just go to the liquor store and have them select something for me. She has never been disappointed

I mean invite them for a round of golf.

I voted for the wine, but what about offering to do a portrait of them? Would that be something they would like?

I know nothing about wine either, and I have a very good friend who LOVES wine. I just go to the liquor store and have them select something for me. She has never been disappointed

Nothing like photographing an art professor to put the pressure on! Lol. Not sure I am that confidant in my skills yet.... Though it IS a very nice idea!

I voted dinner. Have them round or take them out for a meal. Good food, good conversation, some wine and good company: what more could anyone want or wish for?

It's time to get my Christmas ducks in a row, and I'm stumped on what to give the neighbors. He is a retired art professor, she is a retired social worker. A very sweet couple. They always remember they boys, keeping the kids pages from their newspaper for them. Birthdays and holidays and all that. But they have everything they seem to need/want, so I am stumped!

The options I've come up with are
A framed picture (they love art, but I know art is subjective.)
Handmade hot/cold rice packs
A new card game
Edibles.
I'm a bit if a health nut so I cringe when I think of handing out sweets, but I am willing! So I could do a sweet/salty snack or I could make them a nice (freeze able) dinner to eat at their convenience.
Wine, they do drink wine but I don't know anything about wine.
Hot/coco mug set

Open to other suggestions. :)
If not wine, then something homemade, such as the rice packs, some cookies or fudge, or a nicely printed and framed photograph.

Dinner is always nice...whether home made, or restaurant.....good food, good company.....good combination.....

A carton of smokes.

I voted for wine. It keeps well, and can potentially be a gift that's kept around for a long time, serving as a constant reminder of your generosity.

My neighbor's dog shits on my lawn. Does that count as a gift?

I think you should re-gift it.

Most reactions

Back