What to upgrade to?

JamesEsq

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a sony hx90 but have recently taken up studying digital arts and was wondering on what DSLR i should upgrade to, my budget is up to $1000 just for the camera. Im looking for something that is good for both movie and photo and can shoot at a fast burst, for wildlife and sports photography. Hoping that the camera lasts and i wont need to spend anymore for a few years.

Is this just for the camera, or including lenses etc

I think canon dslrs do video better than Nikon or Pentax, look at the specs of the 77d, it's not the most exciting camera ever, but has a very strong set of features

I think canon dslrs do video better than Nikon or Pentax, look at the specs of the 77d, it's not the most exciting camera ever, but has a very strong set of features
How much can i expect preformance to change with cheaper vs expensive lenses?
Im looking to save as much money as possible with the lenses, is this a mistake?

Lenses are far more important than the body. Cheaper body, more expensive lens

Lenses are far more important than the body. Cheaper body, more expensive lens
So how expensive would a decent multi purpose lens be?

How much can i expect preformance to change with cheaper vs expensive lenses?
Im looking to save as much money as possible with the lenses, is this a mistake?
It depends on what you want for your final product. If you want fine art prints of your photo's, you will want very good / best of the best lenses. If your taking pictures for family or maybe posting online. The less expensive consumer grade "kit" lenses will be just fine. The more expensive lenses are normally faster but not always. Faster means they have larger apertures and allow more light in. They may also have stabilization or better stabilization. And both can be helpful in several ways / conditions. Also the more expensive lenses have better build quality, but again not always. Besides the camera manufacturer lenses the third party lens companies have stepped up their game in recent years. Putting out good lenses for less money than the camera manufacture lens costs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back