What Tripod do you use?

I've been thinking about some low and high angle shots/time lapse/video I could make during my 5395 mile, 136 hour big loop train trip in May. (Includes driving mi/hrs to get to/from Galesburg train station)
So next week I'm probably going to get a $31 JOBY GorillaPod SLR Zoom.
I can use the JOBY as a video shoulder rig too.

The train trip:
Galesburg, IL - Kansas City, MO - Newton, KS - La Junta, CO - Albuquerque, NM - Los Angeles, CA - Tucson, AZ - El Paso, TX - San Antonio, TX - Ft. Worth/Dallas, TX - Texarkana, TX - Little Rock, AR - Poplar Bluff, MO - St. Louis, MO - Chicago, IL - Galesburg, IL.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The largest tripod I ever used was a Majestic. Not sure what the legs were, but the head was 1901 and with a 6x7" base.

Easily it alone weighed more than my very heavy Manfrotto setup. But is the only tripod I used that truly supports a 4x5 Graflex RB.

MAJESTIC HEAVY DUTY 1200 GEARHEAD TRIPOD HEAD W/6X7 PLATFORM FOR VIEW CAMERAS. | eBay

Carried it all over the Maine woods, in 2' deep snow. After that, I figured the RB is better hand held anyway. If you're going to have all the inconvenience of a huge rolling shutter, you might as well take advantage of it.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I just got a "used" Mefoto backpacker from ebay in brand new condition for $100. It's in bright pinkish purple so my daughter loves it. It is pretty solidly built comparing to my 20 dollar target tripod I have. Nice extension and very portable when folded. Roberts Camera was the seller.

I use a Sunpak 7000 TM. Not the best, but works for me. I use it to shoot weather, mostly lightning. It's light enough that if I have to bail, it's easy to carry, but still sturdy enough to work fine with a cable release.

To late to reply to TS but I use an ancient Star D and love it and it was cheap. Look them up on the bay they are cool.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back