what type of photography...........

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
lol

I have been asked this, far as what type I shoot.

I have to pause and think about it.

usually it isn't a simple answer

I shoot whatever I want

I don't even know the differences sometimes

so I say I shoot abstract
I think I do anyway
I shoot some fine art type stuff
I think I do anyway the fine art term always confuses me
I shoot people occasionally so portraits?
sort of , though not very well for sure. lol
so I shoot grass and trees...
so landscapes

I don't know. I take photos of things when I want to.

so what type of photography do I do?
when I take pictures it is usually digital.
should I just start saying digital?
Maybe they should rephrase the question...

What type of photography do you do WELL????

HMMM.. that would narrow it down...

what if one doesn't do photography at all they just take photos.
They are all digital images now. we are image clickers..

I have answered before that I don't do photography I just take pictures.

what type of photography do you do?

Last edited:
I mainly shoot landscapes, monuments, historical places and wildlife. Over the past year or so I've done a fair bit of travelling to places many people never get to go to in my country and it just happens that there are places with some really spectacular scenery and I've seen some truly beautiful sights. It brings pride to my heart when I'm out and about and see those scenes.

To paraphrase The Big Yin:
"Right kids, mountains and trees and water in that configuration are beautiful....now repeat after me......ooooooh , aaaah, that's beautiful! "

I shoot everything.

Everything except great photography.

Really, If I see something that I want to keep a little piece of, it becomes a photograph.

You could always say: "You don't want to know"

I usually mention abstract, sometimes explain that a lot of it is not totally abstract, and leave it at that. I was never sure what people expected to hear when they asked that, maybe portrait or landscape, or something else everyone knows about. I never try to list the different things that interest me because even the above usually elicits a glazed look.

You could always say: "You don't want to know"

I usually mention abstract, sometimes explain that a lot of it is not totally abstract, and leave it at that. I was never sure what people expected to hear when they asked that, maybe portrait or landscape, or something else everyone knows about. I never try to list the different things that interest me because even the above usually elicits a glazed look.
makes sense. Entire thing is too complex for me. i'm simple. Camera stats gear stats AND I am supposed to know photography and explain in detail what I shoot?

sounds stressful talk about taking all the fun and creativity out of it.
Just the fact of saying you are doing "photography" comes with lists of questions and expectations.

Hell man, I just hit the shutter ya know??

I do color photography. I used to tell people I did black & white photography.

My answer to that sometimes depends on who is asking, but it generally falls somewhere in the "a little bit of everything" answer.

But sometimes, I have to answer the question "for real," like when I apply for an exhibit and they want to know what areas I "specialize" in. My stock answer USED to be birds, macro and abstracts, but now I'm doing more and more portrait stuff and even landscapes, so I don't know WHAT I'll put the next time I have to answer that. Maybe I'll put: I shoot The World. :D

Meh, a little bit of everything. Mostly still life, landscape, some street, and "misc." I do a little bit of macro, but I don't like being that close to bugs (seriously folks, what's with all the bugs in that sub-forum?) Though I have been doing a bit more almost-macro since I got extension tubes.

Probably easier to say what I don't shoot. I don't shoot portraits or events or sports. Basically, I don't photograph anything that requires me to talk to people ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back