What version of Adobe CS 4 is best...

EleanorW

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been doing some research on the new cs suite (I have cs2... old I know lol) and I'm having trouble deciding if just the design premium is all that I need. There's stuff in the master collection I can't see me ever using. All I want is basically just for post production and some layout and design when that urge hits me

Only you can really answer this question.

I got Design Standard myself because I wanted PS and my Illustrator was old so I needed to upgrade it. I'm sure I'll use Acrobat but I doubt I will ever use InDesign since I use Quark which is pretty standard in the industry today (last time I checked anyway :lol:)

I looked at Premium, couldn't see a use for the xtra stuff and that was it.

Quark is slowly dieing and making way for InDesign... but it really comes down to personal preference, as both programs make PDF's and that is really what printers want.

I was (VERY) lucky and got the CS4 Master Collection through my school ($12!) so I can't really say what I would do in your situation.

But I totally agree with cloudwalker that it really comes down to what you need... and your budget. If you are only looking for photo-editing and some layout... PS and AI should suit you fine.

I've got a friend in university and even with her discount, it's $389 to get the design premium collection.... ouch - thought educational was a bit cheaper then that.

$389? MSRP is $1,799.

My Design Standard ran me $520. and I thought I got a good deal compared to the $1,399 MSRP.

tbh, CS2 isnt old... no need to lol at it...
IMO CS2 is just as good as CS4, All that has been improved is the workflow (It is easier as the pannel is tidier)
But I would just get Adobe CS4 Extended if it is only PP, Not like your gunna use Illy for PP?
The only two things i can see you using is Lightroom and Photoshop.

Most reactions

Back