What would happen

Robin Usagani

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I guess I could just give it a try but I have never done HDR before. I have been reading the tutorial though.

The tutorial says to take 3 (or more) pictures with different exposure of NON moving object. Now what if one out of those 3 pictures I put a person and then create the HDR. What would happen?

THe exposure would be that of the person then the area where that person is.

If you include the person in your middle shot, then it shouldnt be hard to have a good HDR with a bit of cleaning up.

cool.. so the tutorial saying i have to take non moving object is not entirely true.

cool.. so the tutorial saying i have to take non moving object is not entirely true.

It says the above because remember you will be essentially stacking those 3 images in order to bring out the very best details out of the images that simply cannot be captured with one shot hence the AEB 3 images or more with different exposure values. So yes you would want as little movement as possible because movement equals blurred areas where movement has been detected and at times trying to get the images aligned with movements it won’t be as good. A good tip is to set the camera on the tripod set the values as you wish and turn on the shutter release for continuous burst mode and then use a remote shutter release that way when you press to release the shutter it will rapidly take your 3 AEB shots and dramatically helps with movement.

Unless you are taking strictly stationary objects you are probably going to include traffic or people in some way. If an evening shot you might have to clone out the black spots created by what used to be headlights on one shot only. But replaced by what was there on the remaining shots. A bit of cloning and thats about all. If you are going to take moving objects then a single Raw file might, and I said might be preferable since you will have no worries about moving objects.

Most reactions

Back