What would I use a bellows for

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Prolly another lame question out of me but....

I Go looking around locally for lenses and all I can find is tons Nicon equipment, Various collectors pieces and one Canon FL Bellows. I have never used one before but it's sitting there just waiting to be bought. If I can find a reason to own one I'll buy it but if not I'll just let it sit there, so ..... What would I use a bellows for?

Prolly another lame question out of me but....

I Go looking around locally for lenses and all I can find is tons Nicon equipment, Various collectors pieces and one Canon FL Bellows. I have never used one before but it's sitting there just waiting to be bought. If I can find a reason to own one I'll buy it but if not I'll just let it sit there, so ..... What would I use a bellows for?

The elements are fixed. Therefore, the only way to focus it is to change distance between the lens and the film plane. Hence, you need bellows in order to do that (since there's no helical focusing mount like a regular lens). Fixed element lenses for 35mm are designed for macro work, to be used with "macro bellows." The lens will be useless to you unless you intend to purchase bellows and use it for macro work.

Macro is something I have been considering for a wile so....

(film scanner takes priority, we'll see what I have left in the budget after that)

Most reactions

Back