what would you buy?

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today I was working in my studio/lab. I had one more shot I needed for my calendar, so I was working on that last shot. I had to work on the exposure a couple of ways because I was shooting a paper negative still life with a highly reflective subject as well as a couple of non reflective ones. That isn't the story.

I have carpet on the floor out there so nothing slides on it. The camera is on a heavy tripod but that isnt the problem. Everytime I did anything, I had to move that damn chair which I was sitting in. Focus the camera, no it's not the right view, stand up move the chair, move the camera then focus the camera again. Stand up move the chair go to the box to load film ect ect ect all the way past nausea.

I was thinking, I can buy a little stool like with rollers, they make them for the kitchen I know. The thing has to cost less than a hundred bucks. It isn't the first time I had this thought. I just never seem to remember it once I have finished the shot. At least not once I put the cameras away. I look around my studio and think, I really should spent the small amount of money and get the stool.

So here is the question, What would you like to have in your studio that you could buy for UNDER a hundred bucks. It might not be a fair question in this whiz bang world. But give it some thought.

I'd gladly pay the blond down the street a hundred smackers to rub my shoulders while I contemplate my next shot!

I have a wish list about 3 pages long of stuff I want, ranging from studio equipment to darkroom supplies. For studio, there is a light stand/boom with clamps to hold a reflector in position for under $100. I want that for both studio and location shooting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back