What would you do on a Friday afternoon?

Hobbes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I spent this afternoon eating icecream, shooting (with my camera of course :mrgreen:) and envying others :(

1. This shot kinda reminds me of the pics I've seen of Italy or Greece
IMG124c.jpg

2. hehe me! and a huge cruise ship
IMG129c.jpg

IMG082c.jpg

IMG292c.jpg

IMG088c.jpg

6. These lucky bastards are on a cruise to Finland
IMG172c.jpg

7. While the rich people were having fun on their fancy cruise ships the poor ones were left behind... fishing :lol: which is just as fun
IMG187c.jpg

8. lol this poor dog got bored because his/her owner was busy fishing
IMG190c.jpg

9. hehe I bought myself some tasty ice cream but I really shouldn't have because afterwards my camera got all sticky :grumpy: but it's still nice listening to music while eating ice cream in the sun :mrgreen:
IMG193c.jpg

10. here comes the real stuff! this huge ship was departing for the Mediterranean!! lucky bastards
IMG199c.jpg

IMG201c.jpg

IMG207c.jpg

IMG214c.jpg

IMG226c.jpg

IMG247c.jpg

16. or if you prefer being alone you can always buy a waterscooter
IMG259c.jpg

Last edited:
:roll: I guess nobody finds the photos interesting or crappy or they just take too long to load? :greenpbl:

Last edited:
16 photos in one thread is on the border to overkill, really. And for some loading time really becomes a problem here, I'm afraid. You might have wanted to divide the post into at least two, one with the cruise ships coming and going, and one with the sights and other interesting finds, such as the colourful lights in the ground and the funny statue and your ice-cream, for example.

Or make a more careful choice as to which cruise ship photo really is best. And not post a whole little "film" of the big one leaving?

But as long as you hold on tight to this kind of weather until 18 August, you're forgiven 16 photos in one post! But you have to make sure it'll still be that beautiful when I'll be there! ;)

well I was just too lazy to start several threads but oh well
hehe I can't promise ya but I also hope the weather will stay this way for awhile
I am planning on moving out of the country in couple of months and I really hope the
last two months of my time here will be memorable with great weather. It just sucks that my new camera broke couple of days ago and I won't get it back from the Canon repair shop for two weeks :(

the composition is poor on these, #2 would be a lot better if you could be seen

Last edited:
It would help, too, if you sized down the photos just a tinch. I use 640 by xxx (can't remember exact amount). lol. Just some advice. I wouldn't fret over the "seriousness" of this forum, either. If you wanted less serious, you would need to go to a d2jsp kind of forum, not a pure photography forum. Or just post in a just for fun forum :D

It would help, too, if you sized down the photos just a tinch. I use 640 by xxx (can't remember exact amount). lol. Just some advice. I wouldn't fret over the "seriousness" of this forum, either. If you wanted less serious, you would need to go to a d2jsp kind of forum, not a pure photography forum. Or just post in a just for fun forum :D

yeah you are probably right I mean there have been some people complaining about how long it takes to load the pics whenever I uploaded 10+ pics at once lol. and I guess it took you awhile to load them too? or are the pics just too big to fit your screen? thought you've got a new super fast computer :p lol sigh well lol I guess sometimes when I want to show people the places I have visited or just kinda "advertise" the city I am living in I just tend to take photos like most tourists do. you know pics of some fancy looking buildings or just stuff I find amusing. I wasn't even trying to be artistic in any way. lmao so you really think I actually fret over the seriousness of this forum eh well it's just kinda annoying when some dude upload a single pic of a few random ugly bushes in the middle of no where and wrote a loong story about it and then get like a million replies while others who actually took time walking around to take pics just to show the diversity of the world we are living in get no comments at all. Oh well I weren't really fretting because I know some of the pics you and I take at least have mass appeal judging from the comments left by so many people in some other forum :wink: and of course taking photos is just for fun and as long as I am satisfied I dont give a sh*t what others think, after all its just a hobby :wink:

well I am going to shrink these photos above, right after I've eaten supper so check them and leave some criticism if you want :)

the composition is poor on these, #2 would be a lot better if you could be seen
I do agree the composition is really poor in some of them would probably have been better if I walked closer or take them from a different angle. but in #2 it was like impossible for me to get in to the sunlight to take that pic and I wanted the ship to be the main object in it besides why would you want to see me more clearly? its not like we are going to date each other or something :D jk

Last edited:
well, if you do not give a ****, then you need no comments from me anymore (if i ever commented anyway?).

Haha ^^ :lmao:

yeah you are probably right I mean there have been some people complaining about how long it takes to load the pics whenever I uploaded 10+ pics at once lol. and I guess it took you awhile to load them too? or are the pics just too big to fit your screen? thought you've got a new super fast computer :p lol sigh well lol I guess sometimes when I want to show people the places I have visited or just kinda "advertise" the city I am living in I just tend to take photos like most tourists do. you know pics of some fancy looking buildings or just stuff I find amusing. I wasn't even trying to be artistic in any way. lmao so you really think I actually fret over the seriousness of this forum eh well it's just kinda annoying when some dude upload a single pic of a few random ugly bushes in the middle of no where and wrote a loong story about it and then get like a million replies while others who actually took time walking around to take pics just to show the diversity of the world we are living in get no comments at all. Oh well I weren't really fretting because I know some of the pics you and I take at least have mass appeal judging from the comments left by so many people in some other forum :wink: and of course taking photos is just for fun and as long as I am satisfied I dont give a sh*t what others think, after all its just a hobby :wink:

well I am going to shrink these photos above, right after I've eaten supper so check them and leave some criticism if you want :)

Well, when I upload photos, the most I've probably posted once is near 20, but they weren't 2019820918812 by 230981209830123 pixels, either. I think if the more photos you ahve, the less big they should be so people don't have to wait an hour for them to load. Nothing is more annoying. The computer can be the fastest on the planet, but it still takes a little time for every picture to load. And I kinda noticed something, when the first picture has loaded, you scroll down to see it all, but the other pictures at the bottom are loading, so it ends up scrolling back to the top, till every single photo is done loading. :thumbdown:

So maybe that "bush" meant something to him. It might have not meant anything to you since you didn't take the picture, nor were you there with him. Sometimes it may look boring or crappy, until you read the story, and some people enjoy that. You can't expect comments everytime you post something lol. Try and get the people interested, and theytm ight comment. Like ask: Any critisizm? I'm sure you'll get one or two.

Haha ^^ :lmao:

Well, when I upload photos, the most I've probably posted once is near 20, but they weren't 2019820918812 by 230981209830123 pixels, either. I think if the more photos you ahve, the less big they should be so people don't have to wait an hour for them to load. Nothing is more annoying. The computer can be the fastest on the planet, but it still takes a little time for every picture to load. And I kinda noticed something, when the first picture has loaded, you scroll down to see it all, but the other pictures at the bottom are loading, so it ends up scrolling back to the top, till every single photo is done loading. :thumbdown:

So maybe that "bush" meant something to him. It might have not meant anything to you since you didn't take the picture, nor were you there with him. Sometimes it may look boring or crappy, until you read the story, and some people enjoy that. You can't expect comments everytime you post something lol. Try and get the people interested, and theytm ight comment. Like ask: Any critisizm? I'm sure you'll get one or two.

yeah you are absolutely right about the size thing and I guess it doesn't have much to do with how fast your internet connection is or how great your computer is. well lol guess from now on if i ever will post any pics here I will keep them below 800x600.
well what I meant is that some people here don't seem to give a damn about exotic places or foreign countries. oh well never mind some of the things I said lol I guess I am just very tired after a 11 hour shift and I had to take out my annoyance and frustration I felt during the day on this forum :p well I didn't expect to get a million replies everytime i post anything but it would be nice to trigger some kind conversation. oh and dont get me wrong I love to get criticism thats how people learn and improve themselves and its really the lack of criticisms that make me unsure about things lol

btw when did mr AlexB post a reply I cant see it :lol:

Hmm.. that's weird. Maybe he deleted it.

I withdrew it because i did not want to start any drama with it. but chantal was too quick in replying.

sometimes image posts of mine get no reply. this happens when people do not know what to say, or when i posted on a bad day or week, when not many people to comment were around. 1000s of reasons.

don't take it personal.

I quite like the first pic, and agree it is reminiscent of views in the Mediterranean. I like the colours, and that it's a capture of a slice of everyday life (people walking their dog, riding a motorcycle etc). The pattern of the cobblestones catches your attention in the foreground, and they your eye follows the road deeper into the shot.

Hmm.. that's weird. Maybe he deleted it.

yeah yeah whatever lol I am not the kind of person who would get pissed because of some comments. oh and well lol the complaints about the lack of comments was really about the thread you created, Chantal not mine lol I mean yours are like way nicer and more colorful so I was really surprised nobody left any comments. oh well I have resized the pics and replaced some of them so feel free to criticize :wink:

I withdrew it because i did not want to start any drama with it. but chantal was too quick in replying.

sometimes image posts of mine get no reply. this happens when people do not know what to say, or when i posted on a bad day or week, when not many people to comment were around. 1000s of reasons.

don't take it personal.

lol - I kind of figured that's what happened. If you want I can edit my post and get it out of there. I wasn't sure if you were being serious or not from that post.

yeah yeah whatever lol I am not the kind of person who would get pissed because of some comments. oh and well lol the complaints about the lack of comments was really about the thread you created, Chantal not mine lol I mean yours are like way nicer and more colorful so I was really surprised nobody left any comments. oh well I have resized the pics and replaced some of them so feel free to criticize :wink:

lol - oh. Well I wasn't too concerned about it. I was going to post it else where till I saw you commented on it, and then I felt no need to post it else where.

lol - I kind of figured that's what happened. If you want I can edit my post and get it out of there. I wasn't sure if you were being serious or not from that post.

lol - oh. Well I wasn't too concerned about it. I was going to post it else where till I saw you commented on it, and then I felt no need to post it else where.

lol yeah its kinda funny how people started to notice your thread after I posted a reply lol maybe they were just too shy to leave any comment :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back