What would you do with $35 in your PayPal account?

What would you buy?

• Holga!

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • A wide-angle K-mount lens for the Ricoh (28mm?)

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Another interesting K-mount body

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Try again to find a working rangefinder (after the yashica debacle)

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Boring consumables (like film)

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Something else/film is dead/other sarcasm

Votes: 15 46.9%

• Total voters

elemental

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
After having a pair of eBay purchases go south on me last month, I have built up some credit in my PayPal account that I'll be spending on camera stuff. What would you do?

I'd probably go for "boring" consumables. Sure, they're boring, but they're going to get used up.

Or, if you can buy from a reputable camera shop (or at least someone who is a very good Ebayer) using your PayPal account, a lens. You can never have enough lenses :p

I knew that last option would be too tempting for you people.

I can't make up my mind between voting for the Holga or the 28mm. Or the rangefinder. The 20 rolls of rebranded APX 400 sitting next to me make that a slightly less compelling option, though you can never have too much I guess. The Holga would require either a bigger tank for the 120 film or a 35mm adapter, which does produce pretty cool results.

send it to my paypal account ;)

I knew that last option would be too tempting for you people.

I can't make up my mind between voting for the Holga or the 28mm. Or the rangefinder. The 20 rolls of rebranded APX 400 sitting next to me make that a slightly less compelling option, though you can never have too much I guess. The Holga would require either a bigger tank for the 120 film or a 35mm adapter, which does produce pretty cool results.

but a 35mm adapter would wreck the whole idea of the Holga.... I'd go for the 28mm

but a 35mm adapter would wreck the whole idea of the Holga.... I'd go for the 28mm

I think it looks neat- the whole film is exposed from top to bottom:

35mm-contact.jpg

hmm, looks at least .. interesting ;)

Looks like $15 ($10+$5 shipping) is going towards a bunch of 49mm Hoya filters, although I really only want the yellow and the orange. The individual ones sell for about the same price, so might as well go for the value meal.

Most reactions

Back