What would you do?

Okay, now them's fightin' words!
:lol: Now you dont honestly live in Jo City. Do you? Im sorry if you do. There isnt a bar in the whole town.

And I got the pictures today. Mostly ISO 800 (some 400) and every last one shot at f/2.8. I guess we should have paid extra to get the whole family in focus.
What do you expect for $50 bucks? Id atleast charge you $200 for some really crappy photos and, Id even use my flash.

That is a mouthful sir and truer words can not be spoken.

What's the quote? Say nothing and be thought a fool rather than speak and be proven so. (That's not the quote, but you get the gist.)

Yes on #1, yes on #2... no on #3.

You see, my loyalty will always be to my family first and foremost. If I see something that is in any way detrimental to my family or not to "acceptable standards", I will speak up. Too bad if I happen to hurt the friend... family comes first, becuase to me blood is thicker than water everytime and without hesitation.

The friend may have been pissed at me, but the family would have had better pictures than what they paid for.

Sorry but I do have to lol at that one

x2 that was excellent.

to the op:
but i think it coulda been easily resolved with one of the first few posts' advice. u shoulda just went up to her after, explained how hard it is to get family together, and taken your pics.

no point in complaining on the internet for someting you failed to do

any chance in posting the pics up?

:lol: Now you dont honestly live in Jo City. Do you? Im sorry if you do. There isnt a bar in the whole town.

Not right now I don't, but I used to. Six generations of my family have lived/live there and there's a street named after us, so it kinda feels like home.
There isn't a bar in the whole town because the sale of alcohol is illegal. That's why you can always tell when it's paycheck Friday in Holbrook or Winslow but not Joe City.

For those sick enough to be interested, the pictures are all here:
Index of /photos/lame
That's her PP, not mine.

Sorry. You guys look like crap. Underexposure FTW.

I would have told her to stop what she was doing, got my stuff, then charged her $50 for the lesson on how to take a proper group photo.

:lmao: OK! Now I knew they would be bad but, that is absolutely terrible. She should have atleast used the power plant as a back drop if she was totally going to screw the pooch.

:lmao: OK! Now I knew they would be bad but, that is absolutely terrible. She should have atleast used the power plant as a back drop if she was totally going to screw the pooch.

I dunno... Turning us and adding facelighting would have destroyed the effect.

Plus that's all the way across town!

Yes on #1, yes on #2... no on #3.

You see, my loyalty will always be to my family first and foremost. If I see something that is in any way detrimental to my family or not to "acceptable standards", I will speak up. Too bad if I happen to hurt the friend... family comes first, becuase to me blood is thicker than water everytime and without hesitation.

The friend may have been pissed at me, but the family would have had better pictures than what they paid for.

But...sister-in-law...not sure about the family dynamics, but you always have to tread softly here. Some family might not think you are putting family first, but ego first.

The SIL was arranging the session and other family members prevented him from getting his camera. I would guess they would have thought it would have insulted the SIL as well as the photographer.

To the OP: I think asking the photographer at the end would have been a very diplomatic way of handling it. Unless you really feel otherwise, I don't buy she "forgot" you were a photographer, so I think you're "doing nothing" was probably the best that you could have done. Sometimes the littlest insults can cause HUGE family riffs.

Remember, (and this in just my personal opinion watching friends and ex-friends interact, I don't want to fan the sexist flag,) in general, women take offense easier than men, and hold grudges longer, if not forever. Men can tell each other to take a hike (or substitute stronger language) and mean it, then share a beer an hour later.

So, to sum it up, I think you did the right thing. And no, the pics aren't great. Next time you arrange the get together and you can take the photos!

Lisa

Last edited:
Hey I'm just one guy with a digital camera! Seems the going rate is $50, so I'll take 50 bucks plus travel expenses. See you at your wedding!

...Travel expences....lol you are talking to a guy who is likely going to be married in his back yard with a Hot Dogs and mac & cheese banquet :lol: I could not afford to fly some one from St. Louis...I could not even afford the bus fare......:lmao:

Most reactions

Back