What would you do?

thriveCanada

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok here's the drill:

I've got a model who wants boudoir photos.
She has a very pale complexion. Her skin isn't the best either.
She wants to shoot at her place where the walls are all white.

What would you do in order to make the shoot interesting? Not might to work with for furniture either (1 bed - nothing else - white sheets)

I've got:
3 heads
1 soft box
2 umbrellas
1 ring flash

I usually use places with some interesting drapes, dark sofa, etc etc but this place is baron.

Why not bring some drapes with you?
You could use a background stand to have different drapes or fabrics to add some colour and dimension.
Or use some Shear white fabric to soften the image and correct some of the flaws in the skin as well creating more of high key style of shot.

When you say her skin isn't the best, what do you mean? Does she have acne? Stretch marks?

Any light you cast on her from angles will cause shadows in the pockmarks left by acne. The best option in my opinion would be an even light applied to her face and carefully placed rim lights. You can also clean things up a bit in post production. Just be careful of any harsh shadows on her face. I think the high key suggestion is probably a pretty good one too.

I agree with high key but was hoping for other possibilities. I've done some work in a similar situation before using just a ring flash.

Uhh in times like this I tell my client that maybe we could go with my suggestion, like outside at a park, or a hotel lobby ect..... But I also shoot where she wants to aswell so that she isn't upset. Try that?

[Dillz];1716673 said:
Uhh in times like this I tell my client that maybe we could go with my suggestion, like outside at a park, or a hotel lobby ect..... But I also shoot where she wants to aswell so that she isn't upset. Try that?

umm.. you would suggest to a client who wants to do boudoir shots, to go outside and do them at a park?? i don't know about where you live, but, where i live, you'd be arrested for indecent exposure..

[Dillz];1716673 said:

umm.. you would suggest to a client who wants to do boudoir shots, to go outside and do them at a park?? i don't know about where you live, but, where i live, you'd be arrested for indecent exposure..

Haha I was thinking the same thing!

Does the place have any large windows - could you do something with the light coming in. I also like the idea of light/sheer drapes. Or use a funky textured pillow as a prop

For people with pale complexions shoot your flashes into a gold reflector (least expensive option) or use gels if you have them or can get them!!
Can also try some other home made coloring effects infront of your flashes. Can experiment some. But basically if you can color the light some. Her skin tone will come out much better.

Second option would be to convert the shots to B&W and work with them in edditing to bring the tone in better.

For good skin tone you need a peach colored and an amber colored gel, used together for the body, for the face a light amber works well.

Most reactions

Back