What would you guys reccomend?

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by laguano, Apr 20, 2008.

1. laguano

laguano TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'm planning to get an Xsi sometime soon, and what lens would you get in lieu of the kit lens that you could buy with the 450D? I got a free teleconverter today! which made me happy, however, it is a quantaray and was looking for an average price sigma or tokina lens. What would you suggest?

2. Dutchboy

Dutchboy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I am in the same boat as you, and I've almost settled on the Canon EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM. After reviewing many lens options, that one stands out for me. If you don't like that one I'd strongly suggest getting any lens with IS (image stabilizer) that suits your needs.

:thumbup:

3. evo5gsr

evo5gsr TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well, it seems like you wanna keep your kit lens, so we know what focal length you have covered. What's your budget?

4. JustAnEngineer

JustAnEngineer TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The Rebel XSi (450D) comes with the new EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens. It is reportedly much better than the old 18-55 (non-IS) lens. You might try it for a while before you decide if you need to upgrade.

The $400 Tamron AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II and the $1000 EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM both offer wide apertures.

I am pleased with the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lens. It stays on my EOS 40D most of the time.