Whatcha think?

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by JeffieLove, Mar 17, 2010.

1. JeffieLove

JeffieLove TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

:)

I was bored and daffodils are one of my favorite flowers :)

Here it is sharpened a little in PP... I didn't realize it was so ... not sharp :(

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  2. LBPhotog

LBPhotog TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yeah, it's not sharp ... and no amount of PP will fix that ... in fact, the processed image at the bottom looks even worse than the original IMHO ... :(

Keep trying miss - remember, there is usually a minimum focusing distance with all non-macro type lenses, and with the 18-55 I bet you'll find that it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 inches or so ...

These look like fake flowers so why not set it up and try again ... practice makes perfect ...

3. JeffieLove

JeffieLove TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    well, they are right next door at my neighbors house... And now that I think about it, they might be fake lol.. I don't remember seeing them when I was there the other day... They kind of just appeared over night...

I definitely thought they were real though... I'll have to take a closer look when I take the kids outside tomorrow ;)

4. LBPhotog

LBPhotog TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I don't know if it's a trick of the sharping or not, but the petals on the PP image look like an interwoven fabric, and the stamen look like "plasticy" to me ... It's not a bad thing if they are fake ... fake flowers photography very nicely specifically in January, on the East Coast of the USA ... where, maybe, we've had a lot of snow recently ... ;)

Are you still underneath a lot of snow down there? That last storm really buried you guys.

5. JeffieLove

JeffieLove TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    all of our snow has melted thanks to the week long rain last week and the 60 degree weather a few days before and every day since ;) I believe we got a TOTAL of about 8 feet of snow in a matter of 2 weeks though ;)

6. LBPhotog

LBPhotog TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yeah, it was rough for you guys for a while there ... I have a few friends in DC and they were just immobile for like 3 days ... soon enough though, the Cherry Blossoms will be out ...

7. Dominantly

Dominantly TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yeah, very oof.

It was 80 degrees here today. I was sweating my ass off, I wish it was a bit cooler.

8. JeffieLove

JeffieLove TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I guess the AF sucks on my camera... Or maybe I just wasn't holding it steady enough? i didn't have my tripod outside with me because I had been on a walk with the family and dogs :)

it also probably doesn't help that I wear glasses and I honestly can't tell when that dial by the viewfinder is actually making the picture clear... that could be another issue... Hmmmm :(

9. Dominantly

Dominantly TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You were also shooting at 1/40 which could be a bit slow for hand held shots.