What's a good book to learn Post-Processing?

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Senor Hound, May 14, 2008.

1. Senor Hound

Senor Hound TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    What's a good book to learn Post-Processing? I have Photoshop CS3, and before I run out and buy "CS3 for Dummies" (I love the dummy books, they were written for me...lol), I wanted to know if someone here had anything that might be a little better. I am a visual learner, so visual examples (lots of pretty pictures) help me learn faster. Also, I am looking for something that will help me really get to know the program, plus I learn computer stuff faster than a lot of other people. So a book that gets kind of complicated towards the end wouldn't bother me (in fact, I might appreciate it when I get there).

Anyway, does anyone have any advice? If not, I'll go get my dummies book, they usually don't steer me wrong (I seriously have about 15 of them...lol).

2. jlykins

jlykins TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have photoshop cs2 for Dummies and I love it. I learned a whole lot from it on how to use photoshop. I don't have another book to compare it to, but I would deffinately recomend it to anyone trying to learn photoshop.

3. MRivera

MRivera TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I was at B&N the other day looking for photshop book I found: asobe photoshop cs3 in a classroom. It seems a well organized book (lesson chapters) and seems that your building up from chapter one. The reason I did not buy it is because I a photoshop cs. But you could go to your local book store and scan the book see if you like it.
    here is a link to amazon for book review:
    http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Photosh...bs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1210768716&sr=1-2

Good Luck...

4. jlykins

jlykins TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Great link. I have cs2 and I found that version here: http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Photosh...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1210770058&sr=1-1

I'm always wanting to learn more, so I bought it as well. Thanks again for the link and title.