whats a good HDR camera

silver163

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
whats a good hdr camera?

any camera, there's no such thing as an "HDR camera".

yes, any...

well, it should be capable to set exposure manually .. that is about it :)

so what exactly is "HDR" then? i searched around, looked on wiki, but i still dont get it. how can i get HDR photos?

you take 3 photos of the same thing. One exposed correctly, one overexposed, and one underexposed then layered to show the details in the WHOLE range.

Is there some sort of tutorial on how to do this?

if you are to have one underexposed and one overexposed can you do that in photoshop and have one accurately exposed?

Nice, but do the different exposers have to occur when taking the pictures or can they be changed with photoshop?

I believe for PS you actually need to have different exposures. Btw, you're not limited to 3 exposured, you could 7 or even more if you were inclined. Also, originally the idea of HDR was not a correct with an over- and under-exposed image, but rather seperate images exposed correctly for various aspects of an image, then combined to get all parts of the image exposed correctly. Semantic difference, I know...

^^Right, i've done 20 exposure HDR's before, it just that 3 seems to do the trick 90% of the time.

Now you can make a tone-mapped image from a RAW file just with exposure compensation from CameraRAW, but that exposure compensation is nothing like the real deal.

Most reactions

Back