What's best speed film for a wedding?

My advice. Obviously the wedding party can't afford a professional and there is nothing wrong w/that. Do your best to get as many decently exposed photos of your friends/family enjoying themselves and they will be ever so grateful. I think if you just capture some "moments" for them, that can help them enjoy the memories then you will have done your job tenfold. Good luck.

have a good one
3Eo
This is why I say 400 and a good pro emulsion.

Thankfully, you are correct three_eyed_otter. They were "ever so grateful". Friday's question of film speed ended up being the least of my problems. I ended up shooting the wedding with a Canon Digital Rebel XT, which was bought about 25 minutes before the wedding was due to start! :shock: I'll spare you the details, but I will not be doing that again any time soon :wink:. There's nothing like running in a church building taking a camera out of a box, connecting the lens for the first time, and trying to figure out what button does what - five minutes before the wedding starts........ I felt like this was a scene out of some sitcom or a movie. Somehow, someway, I manage to produce some fairly nice photographs. Thankfully, no one else will see the hideous ones I took.

My advice. Obviously the wedding party can't afford a professional and there is nothing wrong w/that. Do your best to get as many decently exposed photos of your friends/family enjoying themselves and they will be ever so grateful. I think if you just capture some "moments" for them, that can help them enjoy the memories then you will have done your job tenfold. Good luck.

have a good one
3Eo

Wow, that is one scary way to shoot a wedding.

I would hate to have to depend on a company sending me a camera with a pre-charged battery... most of the batteries I get are flat and need hours of charging.

Most reactions

Back