What's everyone doing with their income tax refunds?

Not Neve

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
If you get one, that is. I can't decide whether to get a digital camera or a new bicycle (so that I can torture myself and ride STP (Seattle to Portland).

Hmmmm, I bet I can guess what most of you would say. "Camera or bike? Is there any questions."

Sheesh!... Have to keep it for paying my mortgage during the Summer. Would love to own a digital SLR though...

:p

as much as they took from the hubby and not get a lot back ... i feel like we've been robbed :soapbox:

anywho .. the hubby's going mad over here .. we need a vacation .. perhaps we'll drive up to Maine for a week or so and do some ice fishing :lol: (just to get out of the city) ...

im trying to talk him into leaving New York and never coming back ... open up an internet cafe in a small town or something :? ... perhaps we could buy a camper and live on the road :D "road hogs" :greendev:

last year i bought my SLR
this year i got majorly jipped as my stupid employers suddnely stopped taking my uni fees which im paying off out of my fortnightly pay. i now OWE the tax department! :angry1:

graigdavis said:
Im in the same bind. Camera or Bike. I really want a .243 or Norco bike. But what I SHOULD do is just put it in savings. :?
A .243 is a camera?
I always thought it was a necked down .308.

mrsid99 said:
graigdavis said:
Im in the same bind. Camera or Bike. I really want a .243 or Norco bike. But what I SHOULD do is just put it in savings. :?
A .243 is a camera?
I always thought it was a necked down .308.

Its a bike frame. Although the maker of the frame was an avid .243 rifle shooter. So thats what he named the frame after.

www.243racing.com

He's dead wrong about the .243 being the ultimate balance having shot with both that and the .308 (7.62mm NATO).
Most people shoot the .243 for hunting because it doesn't kick as much as the .308 but it's accuracy falls off badly at anything over 300 yards.
It also lacks the terminal energy of the .308 at any range.
IMHO and SAAMI specs.

Most reactions

Back