Whats for dinner.

Dcrymes84

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I liked the way this was layed out, so i grabed my camera and took a b/w photo of my dinner lastnight. Let me know what you think. C&C is greatly appreciated.

DSCF0656.jpg

Its a good idea, i wish i could have seen some color.

The scene is interesting, here are some improvements I can think of:

1. It looks a bit flat. This one might be better to shoot in color (as mentioned above), or you can try increasing the brightness/contrast and see if that helps.

2. I think a larger aperture would be better, to give you some nice DOF. You don't need the dials on the stove to be perfectly in focus here.

3. The books in the background are a bit distracting. You can remove them, or maybe organize them so they become a part of the photo too instead of just being partially visible.

4. Get some more "interesting" food, hahaha. From this photo I can't tell if you're eating a beignet or a plate of lemon chicken!

5. The angle of the lines of the counter looks a bit awkward, slightly off from horizontal. I would center the picture so that the lines are horizontal (or perhaps even better, just crop the lines out), or take the photo from a more extreme angle where the diagonal lines will become part of the composition.

6. The wine rack and particularly the plant are interesting subjects in this photo, it's a shame that the tops of them have been cut off. Maybe try taking the photo from farther back so you can get them in their entirety.

This has the potential to be an interesting still-life shot, I'd like to see an updated version!

Thank you Natalie i did that one in b/w from my camera i dont know if theres a way to do it with out taking another picture in color. And i was eatting a Stromboli pizza.

Ok, I just gotta know what it is. Is that stromboli? Thanks and im starving. lol

Most reactions

Back