Whats in your glass tonight?

Last night, to celebrate the winter solstice even though the solstice is actually tomorrow (12/21) at 5:03 local time, I made hot toddys for everyone.

1.5 oz cognac (XO)
Approx. 1 tablespoon honey (superfood)
Juice from 1/4 of a lemon
1 cup hot green tea

Sounds delicious.
It does sound good. I will have to remember to get some green tea to try it.

Last night, to celebrate the winter solstice even though the solstice is actually tomorrow (12/21) at 5:03 local time, I made hot toddys for everyone.

1.5 oz cognac (XO)
Approx. 1 tablespoon honey (superfood)
Juice from 1/4 of a lemon
1 cup hot green tea

Soooo need to try this!

It is my boyfriends Christmas party tonight. So it will be wine for me. He will be giving out bonuses to his employees after dinner. I told him I expected one as well. His response was not appropriate for the forum. ;)

It is my boyfriends Christmas party tonight. So it will be wine for me. He will be giving out bonuses to his employees after dinner. I told him I expected one as well. His response was not appropriate for the forum. ;)

I feel like a "as long as you don't get shafted..." Is an appropos response, but given your last comment one might think it as not referring to the bonuses... [emoji6]

I feel like a "as long as you don't get shafted..." Is an appropos response, but given your last comment one might think it as not referring to the bonuses... [emoji6]

I'd think she would like to get....oh nevermind ;)

Where is a mod when you need one? We started with coffee and 1,200 responses later we are at KathyT foray into adult conversation, geez.
I am going to need another Chardonnay for this..

Hey, where did the popcorn icon go?
Nancy

Edit...ok, maybe I don't need another Chardonnay as I have mixed up the coffee blog with the current blog :) jk

Oh my!

Had a pint of Grey Sail's Smoked Porter. Out of a Grey Sail glass I got from the brewery. Does that make me a wannabe hipster?

Had a pint of Grey Sail's Smoked Porter. Out of a Grey Sail glass I got from the brewery. Does that make me a wannabe hipster?

Not a wannabe. You're full-blown, baby! :D

Tonight's after-dinner drink was a Rebel Yell with ginger ale.

Nut brown ale.

You used XO as a mixer ... i dunno whether to be impressed or say "Shame on you".
Using the best as a mixer was part of it being a 'special occasion' - celebration of the winter solstice.

No doubt, on my own or in a more intimate setting, I savor the color, bouquet, and taste of the XO neat and in a snifter.

Last night I had a Paul Masson, VS (aged 3 years in oak), Grande Amber brandy that I added a teaspoon of maraschino cherry juice to.

"Perfect Manhattan"

2oz. Bulleit Rye whiskey, 1/2oz Martini sweet and 1/2oz dry Vermouth, dash of Angostura bitters, shaken then pored over two ice cubes.

Most reactions

Back