Whats in your glass tonight?

Cow juice. 2%. Need to sleep well tonight. Thinking about doing 30-40 km in the kayak tomorrow, so...

Water [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ice cold bottle of Miller Lite.

I had a daiquiri tonight. Not that super sweet pre-mixed frozen crap. Originally, daiquiris were essentially margaritas with rum instead of tequila. So, my recipe was light rum, fresh lime juice, and since rum is already sweet, I bypased the triple sec or simple syrup and used some Grand Marnier for a bit of flavor complexity. Shaken and served up.

Dr. Bombay on the rocks...in a proper "rock glass".

Grandma's remedies -- what I have in my glass.It goes like this:

“For better digestion I drink beer.”

“In the case of appetite loss I drink white wine.”

“In the case of low blood pressure I drink red wine.”

“In the case of high blood pressure I drink scotch.”

“When I have a cold I drink schnapps.”

“When do you drink water Grandma?”

“I've never been that sick...."

As predictable as it may sound ... rum!

It's been a looong, hot, unpleasant, s***** week here on the left coast... $IMG_1006 copy.JPG I plan on "decanting" this into a series of 1.5 ounce open-top glass vessels then tidying up the mess over a few hours' time...

Right now I'm drinking a Michelob Ultra. Normally I hate light beer, but I think this is the only one that actually tastes OK. Later I might smoke a cigar and have a glass or two of bourbon.

What I wouldn't give for an ice cold beer! Drank lots of it in my younger years, stopped about 20 years ago. With the meds I take for my back now, it wouldn't work out so well.

On ice, 1.5 oz of Caribbean spiced rum with a 1/4 oz kicker of Caribbean cherry spiced rum.

It's Saturday night, so off to pour a refill.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back