What's next on your life's "To Do" list?

At age 35 I was on top of the world. Had a great job that I loved, 3 great kids and a loving wife. I promptly went into sudden kidney failure and needed a transplant. Still have my loving wife and the kids are now grown. I "retired" from my dream job and live life one day at a time. A truly life altering event like that changes your outlook on life. So my short-term, mid-term, and long-term goal is simply to live another day.

jstuedle said:
At age 35 I was on top of the world. Had a great job that I loved, 3 great kids and a loving wife. I promptly went into sudden kidney failure and needed a transplant. Still have my loving wife and the kids are now grown. I "retired" from my dream job and live life one day at a time. A truly life altering event like that changes your outlook on life. So my short-term, mid-term, and long-term goal is simply to live another day.

Although I could never know what that feels like I can say that I try to live life the same way. That's why I suck at saving money. It's also why I just finished a carton of milk with some cookies, instead of saving some for my morning tea.

Maybe that's just what I say to cover for the fact that i'm really stupid...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back