Whats the Best Digital Camera?

5D Mark II in my opinion. Full Frame 20+mp, ISO performance not far off the D700 (but with nearly double the resolution), etc.... I'm a Nikon guy, but right now, Canon has the "best" everyday use camera in my opinion. When the D700's replacement comes out, that may very well change again.

But it has a low FPS from what I know and has water problems.

True....and my answer and your response to my answer proves that this is a ridiculous question in the first place. For macro, 5dMK2 is much, much better than a D700, for sports, the 5dmk2 wouldn't have a dream of keeping up with the D700, for low light, the D700 wins, for great light and large prints, the 5dmk2 wins.

Even with the D3s vs D3x the same can be done...there is no best camera because there are too many variables. For me, the best camera would be a 5dmk2 (I don't go swimming with my camera that often).

Canon 1D Mk IV

This guy has my vote of confidence. Right now, it would have to be the 1DIV, imo.

With the APS-H sensor, you're not losing the additional range that you'd get with a crop, it's still larger than a crop, and you're getting larger pixels for better noise control. It's weather sealed and built like a tank.

The camera can shoot up to 10fps, has a great AF system, and with the 1080p video which can do high production value shooting without a lot of extra accessories, it's really the best all around camera right now.

I mean, it can shoot sports, pull anything from studio, to sports, to journalism duty as well as be used for high end video. Vincent Laforet proved that by shooting one of his as usual high quality video shorts at night with nothing but ambient street light.

5D Mark II in my opinion. Full Frame 20+mp, ISO performance not far off the D700 (but with nearly double the resolution), etc.... I'm a Nikon guy, but right now, Canon has the "best" everyday use camera in my opinion. When the D700's replacement comes out, that may very well change again.

True....and my answer and your response to my answer proves that this is a ridiculous question in the first place. For macro, 5dMK2 is much, much better than a D700, for sports, the 5dmk2 wouldn't have a dream of keeping up with the D700, for low light, the D700 wins, for great light and large prints, the 5dmk2 wins.

Even with the D3s vs D3x the same can be done...there is no best camera because there are too many variables. For me, the best camera would be a 5dmk2 (I don't go swimming with my camera that often).

Why does the D700 "win" in low light? I regularly shoot concerts at 6400 ISO and have very usable photos. If I were to down size them from 21mp to 12mp, then the apparent noise gets even less noticable.

Canon 1D Mk IV

This guy has my vote of confidence. Right now, it would have to be the 1DIV, imo.

With the APS-H sensor, you're not losing the additional range that you'd get with a crop, it's still larger than a crop, and you're getting larger pixels for better noise control. It's weather sealed and built like a tank.

The camera can shoot up to 10fps, has a great AF system, and with the 1080p video which can do high production value shooting without a lot of extra accessories, it's really the best all around camera right now.

I mean, it can shoot sports, pull anything from studio, to sports, to journalism duty as well as be used for high end video. Vincent Laforet proved that by shooting one of his as usual high quality video shorts at night with nothing but ambient street light.

Forgot about the MkIV being out. I agree...seems as if this one has it all.

Why does the D700 "win" in low light? I regularly shoot concerts at 6400 ISO and have very usable photos. If I were to down size them from 21mp to 12mp, then the apparent noise gets even less noticable.

Every test I've seen shows the D700 to have better high iso performance. I never once said the 5dmk2 was bad....or even that the difference was big...it's a small difference, but the D700 has that edge. I will agree that considering it's twice the megapixels, the 5dmk2 coming SO close to the D700 in iso performance is honestly a little sad for the D700.

True....and my answer and your response to my answer proves that this is a ridiculous question in the first place

+1 For it being a silly question.

Why is the Md MK2 better for macro?

Canon digital SLRs is the best.Its tend to use CMOS sensors.Canon builds a separate motor into each and every lens.Canon has begun building a dust-clearing vibration system into the sensors of some of its cameras.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Canon digital SLRs is the best. :scratch: Sorry, not all of them? Its tend to use CMOS sensors. :scratch: So does Nikon.Canon builds a separate motor into each and every lens. Explain just how it's advantagous to the user to own more than 1 focus motor. Why not just put a focus motor in the camera body. Sounds like an unnecessary expense to me. Canon has begun building a dust-clearing vibration system into the sensors of some of its cameras.
Nikon has had that feature in several of it's cameras for years now. It's about time Canon caught up.

Also, all Nikon dSLR cameras have color-aware metering. Canon has only recently incorporated that feature in 2 of it's cameras, the 7d and the 1D MKIV, so Canon still has a ways to go.

Further, many Nikon cameras have a nice off camera speedlight triggering system built in. Canon has a system too, but it sucks. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Canon digital SLRs is the best.Its tend to use CMOS sensors.Canon builds a separate motor into each and every lens.Canon has begun building a dust-clearing vibration system into the sensors of some of its cameras.

This comment brought to you from the year 2005!

Like seriously dude, get with the times.

If I had an unlimited budget I'd buy one of the new phase ones with the 65MP digital back...

Of course the digital back + lenses + software will cost you upwards of $50k all in all if I remember correctly, but they sure look sweeeeet...

Although in all seriousness it depends on a photographer. Just because you buy an expensive camera doesn't mean you'll take great pictures, and just because you have a cheap camera doesn't mean you have bad pictures.

It's more about who is pushing the button on the camera then the camera...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back