What's the best way....

jenn76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographicmemories.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...to learn post-processing? I no longer have photoshop... I have Gimp and Aperture (neither of which I know how to use very well), but I need to learn them because I've pretty much just been using the editing tools in iPhoto since I got my iMac in July. But my question is not so much about how to use the programs, but learning what works and what doesn't, different techniques, etc. Everything I know about editing was pretty much self-taught by trial and error and with a bit of help from the Photoshop Bible back when I had photoshop on my PC. I just mess with it til it looks cool. :wink: But some days I'm not sure if what I'm doing makes sense or looks right since I make it up as I go along... that's when I post them here for C&C. :mrgreen: Anyway, any advice is appreciated... how did you learn to edit?

Practice, practice, practice.

There are many books and countless tutorials on the internet. Most of them are geared toward Photoshop but you can probably find some that are specific to your software. Maybe look into Photoshop Elements, it does most of what Photoshop does, but at a much lower price.

I'll look into that, Mike, thanks. I've been thinking that might be a good way to go. I think I have seen photoshop elements at costco, but is there maybe somewhere to find it that's less expensive than others? Anyone?

You might look for an older version of Elements. I don't know what the current version is, but it's been a pretty good program, going back to version 2 or 3.

Also, if you are a student, you can student versions of Photoshop for much less than the retail price. There may also be coupons available. I remember than when I bought my Wacom Tablet, it came with a pretty big coupon toward Photoshop.

Most reactions

Back