Whats the most damage youve done to your camera

Same kind of thing that happened to Kent Frost. The camera, a Nikon 4300, was on my lap when I pulled into the driveway, which is steep. I got and forgot the camera was there. It hit the blacktop hard and rolled about 15 times. The battery and card flew out of it. I thought , oh boy, that was a nice camera. I picked it up and other than the case being scrapped up it worked fine. I had that same camera in Hawaii and I turned around to take a picture on a muddy slope. I fell down partially breaking my fall with the hand the camera was in. All the ports and lens was packed with sticky mud. After careful cleaning it worked fine, still does. Once I left my CoolPix 5400 at work and the sprinklers went off. The camera was right on the edge of the spray for the 45 minute cycle. Didn't seem to hurt it.

Dropped my week old Olympus E500 when I was getting it out of the camera bag in the car, about 3 foot onto tarmac. One small graze above the viewfinder, but otherwise it is fine. Reminds me, I've got to look at some insurance......

My Nikon film camera bit the dust when I hooked my foot in the camera strap dangling over the edge of the table while crossing my legs.

And my Sony digital point-n-shoot succumbed to the water torture test in August when I jumped into the Arctic Ocean in Greenland and forgot it was tucked into my lifevest. D'oh! There was water sloshing back and forth in the lens.

No, I'm not blonde.

Not bust any cameras, but did mange to bounce my 50mm lens across a cobbled square in Luxembourg - still works fine.

My bro in law on the other hand has several cameras, and every one has various bits of tape holding them together. His son bought him a digital a few months back, nice little sony, which now has the customary black tape on it - think I might explain to him what the straps are for

JonK said:
min5ag.jpg

now what?

lol.... ahh its a eiffel tower hybrid camera..... the French are so gona have your ass for that lol

i left my old panasonic e-wear in my car to go watch a movie. it was about 100 degrees outside. Needless to say, it never worked again.

I am REALLY careful with my gear but one trip the strap on my Minolta 3xi broke and it dropped lens first about 3 ft to the ground. It landed on the end of the 70-300mm lens and snapped the mount in two. Aside from the lens being destroyed, the camera was fine. :mrgreen:

i dropped my first digicam in old trafford, i was knocked and it came out of my hands falling down 8 steps :( it seemed fine apart from the shutter couldnt move :(

I allowed a friend to hang onto my P&S 35mm camera for me, and in the two minutes he had it, he managed to spill 20 ounces of sugary cherry coke directly onto it, which then leaked inside and glued all the moving parts together. :( I was only 15 and dumber than rocks for letting my goofball friend wreck my first EVER camera.

*hugs Rebel XT tight* nobody's touching this one. :sexywink:

I was in the basement doing laundry and had my old Coolpix 990 with me for some reason (it almost never used to leave my sight). I put the clean cloths in the basket to bring upstairs and decided that it would be a good idea to put my camera on top of the cloths to carry upstairs. Boy was I wrong. The whole thing happened in slow motion as I lost my balance and the camera slipped off the pile of cloths and slammed into the concrete floor. Thankfully the only damage was a broken battery door, but I had to give my camera up for over two months while Nikon fixed it :grumpy:

Lemmee see, I dropped a mamiya c33 off the balcony of a church once, before the ceremony thank god. Losing the camera hurt a law suit would have been worse..... You know those things don't bounce very well. but mys stomach turned a few flips.

The most damage was done to my wallet when I decided to get a DSLR.
How come?

My parent's old Kodak 110mm film camera . . i put it in my pocket, got on a roller coaster, and never saw it again :scratch:
It was during a middle school field trip. I got off the roller coaster and realized the camera wasn't there anymore. I was bummed the rest of the day and didn't ride much else (not big on roller coasters anyway). It was such a dumb loss.
I cried over that camera.

:) I've never damaged any of my camera's or equipment. :) knock on wood

CaptainSpazzz-a said:
How come?

Because I had to drop $4k (not counting the new computer) on a "pro-sumer" camera with the fixin's. I thought I owned some expensive film cameras, but I've never had to spend that much before.

Most reactions

Back