What's the most useless feature on your camera(s)??

On my Canon S3 IS....digital zoom!! I don't get why someone would use digital zoom...you could have better results cropping the picture later!

Digital zoom

And any of the modes accept M AV and TV :)

One of my all-time photography pet-peeves. Favorites.

Why do I want to organize pictures on my camera into ALBUMS and have them stored away neatly ON MY CAMERA? I never have pictures on my camera for a long period of time, much less time to organize them. That and digital zoom as well.

Yes, digital zoom is #1, and the scene modes are #2. I can see how the scene modes would be useful to some. More like a feature my wife would use when she's borrowing my camera.

That damned film plane indicator! I can not believe my D200 has it. Matter of fact all my Nikons have it except for the Coolpix 5200. Guess it would come in handy if I was pulling focus with a tape measure.

Have to say that I constantly use the DOF preview button and the self timer. Only shoot in aperture priority or manual, so that leaves out a lot of major functions. Never use sRGB or go below JPEG fine on this end so there is that.

DOF preview is useful ... direct print however is the most useless and ridiculous button on any canon pro or semipro camera ;)

On mine specifically, manual focus. It's operated awkwardly and slowly by holding down the button used to adjust exposure compensation, while pressing the W/T buttons for zoom. It works quickly for zoom, as you don't need to hold that extra button and the speed's fine, but manual focus is basically useless with the setup I have.

Well, im not gonna write up an essay but..... I shoot a Nikon N90s and I've NEVER used the Program Settings (macro, Landscape, etc...), Never used the Data cable (i dont knwo what its for, its a film camera!!! you should have NO reason to hook it up to a computer), OH and the Red Eye function for the Flash... I'm always bouncing it anyways.

Now I DO use the self timer because i have no Cable Release hookup so for Long exposures i like to set the Self timer for 3 seconds and let it do the work itself.

ohter than that i like just about everything else.

To me, the most useless feature is the freaking annoying beeping sound of the buttons.

almost all scene modes on point and shoots. especially color accent, swap, underwater and fireworks.

however, i do have to admit they can be amusing during long reports at the library

such as this one...

IMG_0703.jpg

Most reactions

Back