What's the Point?

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Why on God's green Earth do you post your photos on the internet?

For me it's the worldwide fame and celebrity that does it - I can't compete with Brittany Spears on looks alone you know...

what a strange question. would you care to elaborate?

i post pics to get help on making them better and sometimes when i think i have it just right people tell me so.

If you are proud of your work why not show it off to friends, family or whomever is interested.

TBH, to try and get my ego stroked. (And have failed misserably so far;))

I want to be able to say "I'm a better photographer than the average"... and I gather peer feedback would validate that.

I hate it. I can never get my shots online to look like the prints. Most of that is because I'm too lazy to spend a significant amount of time post-processing to match the print. Worse, most of the time you either get bullisht compliments or criticism from people who don't have a clue what they're talking about. I'd rather show my work to someone who isn't a photographer. More often they'll appreciate it for what it is. Most people on the internet who look at photos are photographers. They're gear and technical masturbators. The ones with their equipment list in their signatures (YES YOU. WHO CARES WHAT YOUR EQUIPMENT IS). Your photo is a finished product. No more, no less. Do I shoot with films and papers that aren't made anymore? Sure do. Does it make a difference in the way my final print looks? You bet. Is integral to what I'm trying to convey? No-- not conceptually at least. If you wouldn't put it in the card next to your photo in a gallery, then it doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot. The internet is full of a lot of crap. Do I dish out criticism like it's my job? Yep. Then again you probably don't have much a clue about what you're doing. If you do, then it'll show in your work.

I stick them on the internet as they kept falling off the dogs I used to stick them on

some people do give some strange answers.

i dont know why some people frequent these forums

its a mystery

I like my images, and I want to share them with people. Instead of pushing prints in front of people's faces who don't care about photography, I put them on my blog. That - and some ancillary participation - makes me part of a community that actually wants to see other photographers' work.

I like sharing images, and I like interacting with fellow photobloggers, and photographers.

it means exactly what it says
'some people give strange answers'

You're either talking about me or lostprophet. Which is it?

not getting into this one.

it was just a comment
nothing personal

some people do give some strange answers.

i dont know why some people frequent these forums

its a mystery

you have to remember I am a little bit mad, not sure what bit yet though :er:

Most reactions

Back