What's this Technique Called?

SlySniper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
elvir.bravehost.com
Hello,

I was messing around with my camera one day and I found out how to make everything in your picture look red-ish.

It only work when your near an object, get close to it and put your middle or index finger on the flash and turn the flash on and when you take the picture, it turns out red.

Here are some examples : http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=307840#post307840
All of those used that technique I just explained.

Has this technique( if it even is one) already been mentioned?)

Thanks!

Sounds like you're using a man-made filter to me. ;) And as mentioned in your other thread, you might be causing a bit of camera shake by laying your fingers on your flash, causing them to come out too soft.

If you like the effect, you could purchase some inexpensive colored gelatin filters and play around with your flash or your lens for various effects - and, with nothing touching the camera when you make the exposure, you might get sharper images you really like. :)

Karalee said:
you could use those see through plastic folders :p they come in just about every color

That's exactly what I used to make mine.

Dsc_1108db.jpg

I'd just call it sticking your finger over the flash.

If you want a fancy term for it, maybe you can make one up, like Fingerflashing© :lol:

I've taken some shots by doing the same thing as you did, but they never turned out as red as your shots.

Most reactions

Back