What's up with Amazon?

so what your saying is...you actually shop at real stores :eek-73::confused-55:

As much as possible. Real brick-n-mortar stores are going out of business as everyone demands the low prices of nameless/faceless online vendors. I much prefer walking into a camera store and everyone greets me by name. They know what I have for gear, too.

Not everything that one needs can be had at a local brick-and-mortar store, though.

As much as possible. Real brick-n-mortar stores are going out of business as everyone demands the low prices of nameless/faceless online vendors. I much prefer walking into a camera store and everyone greets me by name. They know what I have for gear, too.

Not everything that one needs can be had at a local brick-and-mortar store, though.
I can't think of anything I need I can't get locally, I bought stop bath, fix and a 100 pack of Ilford multigrade iv rc deluxe pearl last Friday only 2 miles from home

I can't think of anything I need I can't get locally, I bought stop bath, fix and a 100 pack of Ilford multigrade iv rc deluxe pearl last Friday only 2 miles from home

There are other things that people need. We're not only talking about photographic supplies. Take your blinders off for half a second, maybe.

There are other things that people need. We're not only talking about photographic supplies. Take your blinders off for half a second, maybe.
I didn't just mean photographic gear

Complaining about a higher threshold for "free" shipping does you no good. The customer always pays for shipping in some way, so even for those items for which no additional charge is assessed, you're still paying for the shipping, usually hidden within the margin.

I order from Amazon from time to time. I do NOT have Prime.
I'm usually ordering erasable pens for my son .. so I just stock up on them and get free shipping.

Other stuff has been above the minimum.

I do, I like to keep local businesses going **** Amazon
Where I live the list of local businesses is pretty short.
1 antique store.
1 Social Club (neighborhood bar).
1 grain elevator facility.

I don't collect or buy antiques.
I do drink and patronize the bar.
I do not grow corn or soybeans and have no need to buy corn or soybeans by the truck load.

I do, I like to keep local businesses going **** Amazon
Where I live the list of local businesses is pretty short.
1 antique store.
1 Social Club (neighborhood bar).
1 grain elevator facility.

I don't collect or buy antiques.
I do drink and patronize the bar.
I do not grow corn or soybeans and have no need to buy corn or soybeans by the truck load.
So then do you use Amazon for everything else?

I think i've bought 2 things from amazon.
I've boughten two things in the past day from amazon... LOL

I LOVE amazon. I get Prime Student and free 2-day shipping is well worth every penny! They have such great customer service too! Its da bomb.

Most reactions

Back