What's wrong with my new camera?

KMH, a 1 carat diamond is bigger than that sensor :lmao:.

Chammer, you blew up a 4000x3000 image 500%.
Of course you are going to see more crap. :lmao:

If I got what I paid for, fine. The pics look fine when they aren't blown up to enormous sizes...but I don't think that's the case

Topher, have you tried printing any at normal sizes?

hehehe fun though. :lol:

...even still, if you look you can see the pattern going perfectly horizontal though. its very faint, but its there! :)

hehehe fun though. :lol:

...even still, if you look you can see the pattern going perfectly horizontal though. its very faint, but its there! :)

Even on an image from a 5d, the light areas are smooth, with no/few artifacts/noise/grain, but the dark areas have more (at 500%).

Topher, see if they print well. If they don't and you plan to print, return the thing and save a few more pennies for something a little better.

If you are not satisfied with the camera, just return it. Why second guess yourself. To be honest, the pic with the dog looked quite normal to me, until I enlarged it. Let's face it, with a p&s, I doubt you would ever make prints larger than 4X6, and I don't think it will show up in print.

That's my intentions with this thread - to determine if this is 'normal', at which point I'd just return it, or whether this cam is faulty so I can exchange it. For those recommending a better P&S, this camera is well reviewed and does well for basic needs.

I'd return it and get a decent Canon point and shoot. Also, I have a Fuji finepix s1500 (bigger point and shoot, $150) that takes nice images and they don 't have that weird moire going on... You could get one of them instead?

Good luck, hope things work out for you.

See where you went wrong isn't when you started pixel peeping its when you actually though samsung made good cameras..

haha okay, lesson learned. Here's another picture with the photo quality downgraded to 5mp...seems better?

sdc10029j.jpg

Yep. Seems better to me. I don't see any lines.

I don't see any lines in that last shot either..

But seriosuly - you can do better than that camera for about the same price :) Shop around..

Keep your eye on the nikon, canon, pentax, olympus p&s cameras... Those companies also make DSLR's and you're more likely to get a better quality ;)

That's my intentions with this thread - to determine if this is 'normal', at which point I'd just return it, or whether this cam is faulty so I can exchange it. For those recommending a better P&S, this camera is well reviewed and does well for basic needs.

That's not normal.... I've got point and shoots... Heck, I've got an old Polaroid 640x480p camera I baught in 1998, and the pictures looked like crap, but they didn't have those horizontal lines.

I think you've got a bad camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back