Whats wrong with this pic

kristyiclaremore

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
360.yahoo.com
I feel that there is something wrong wih my picture.
It just has something that doesnt seem work.
I would like to hear all comments good or bad on this photo.

Thank you

b.jpg

Here's a quick version to show you what I mean, if I may...let me know if you want me to remove this.

The painted wood on the left side of picture is way too light compared to the rest. Try copping it out or changing it somehow. It makes a "split" feeling in the picture.

It also needs mosre constrast as was stated.

well, it doesnt look too bad to me i think the expression is a little dreary... besides that maybye contrast ...but still i like the overall look.

i like your shot as is. i also find her expression works well here.
nice capture IMO.

I like what verbal did to it.

It's a little dark around the eyes which I think could be fixed unless you want it that way.

As far as the painted wood goes, maybe adjust the head so there is a bit more seperation away from the paint.

Im new to the whole photography world. Im trying my best to get good pictures. The expression in this picture was by accident. I was just there when my timer went off. Im my own model for now, till I get better at this. I thank you all for your comments and pointers. I think I may play with the picture a bit in photoshop and then post my results.

Thank you

Since, someone already did, I'll post a version also. If you want it removed just ask me. Something like this might be better even though you lose the sense of a doorway a little.

Besides the crop I used levels, including setting a black point and a white point to increase contrast. I also used the healing brush on the skin a tiny bit to make it a little more smoothly luminous.

An addtional thing you could try is outlining the eye areas, slightly sharpening, invert the selection and slighting softening the rest. The face, especially those eyes are the star here and that would emphasize them further. I'd make it subtle, though.

Another point is that you might want to go back to original, make another copy and start with that again.

bb2.jpg

I like your last version Kristy. One suggestion if your going to be your own model is to open your eyelids a little more and let us see your eyes.--Lenny

I love that you explained what you did, so that I can try it out and see how to fix it.

Also I know I need to open my eyes more but it seems everytime I take a picture I dont smile or open my eyes and if I do smile it looks fake.

SEE !!! LOL :mrgreen:

eyes.jpg

This is just another really bad picture of me I think. That smile just looks so fake.

I guess I have to work on my modeling and photography :lol:

Thanks again for the help everyone.

I kind of like the expression in the first anyway. If you reshoot, just try a little more intensity looking into the camera and that may open your eyes more without looking fake. If you want to smile, try strongly imagining you are smiling at a close friend or a small child you like, to cancel out the self consciousness. Bring some true feelings up the way an actor might.

kristyiclaremore said:
I love that you explained what you did, so that I can try it out and see how to fix it.

Also I know I need to open my eyes more but it seems everytime I take a picture I dont smile or open my eyes and if I do smile it looks fake.

SEE !!! LOL :mrgreen:

eyes.jpg

This is just another really bad picture of me I think. That smile just looks so fake.

I guess I have to work on my modeling and photography :lol:

Thanks again for the help everyone.

one thing you want to keep in mind is focusing. In portraits the eyes are usally the focal point. They ae the part of the face we look at when we talk to people (unless we're shy) and usually that's what we expect in protraits. of course you don't have to do it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back