• Total voters

ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know that this info is probably out there scattered throughout the forum, but I get tired of asking all the time when I'm looking at you guys' beautiful photographs. Maybe this way I can put a camera to a name when I am perusing the galleries. If you get new toys come back and update.

What gear are you currently using the most?

What are you shooting with it?

If money was no object what gear would you be using?

I'm mostly using my Rolleiflex 3.5E. It's a TLR with a fixed 75mm Zeiss planar lens. It takes 12 6x6cm frames on a roll of 120 film. I've only put Tmax 100 and HP5+ in it. I have a couple of close up lens sets that mount on the existing lens. I've done a few 16"x16" prints from some of the HP5+ shots, and I am very happy with this camera.

My 17 month old daughter is my primary subject matter. I really like the way I can get to her eye level easily with the TLR. Also, as long as I'm printing pics of Maisy, my wife and the grandmothers enourage me to spend lots of time in the darkroom. She doesn't keep still often, and likes to rush the camera and get her grubby fingers all over the lens. In an attempt to appease some of her curiosity I gave her a Holga.

If money was no object I would be using an refurbished Kodak Cirkut camera. It rotates on top of the tripod and takes huge panoramics. I would also need a lot of fancy darkroom toys to develop and print.

so i don't have anything constructive to add right at the moment, but it amused me how well my choice described me on so many different levels. :p

by the way... i picked "I'm easy; I can go either way." ;)

although i'm not actually easy, i promise. :oops:

What gear are you currently using the most?
Nikon 4004 & Holga. I also have a Kodak Duaflex III and 2 Mamiya/Sekor 500TLs

What are you shooting with it?
Ilford HP5+ 400, Delta 3200, and Arista films for my 120s

If money was no object what gear would you be using?
I am not a gear oriented person, so I honestly have no idea.

im 100% digital, but not oppose to others using film :D

i have owned a few digital cams in the past, right now im using an Olympus E20 digital SLR *5MP* ... i love it, its easy to use, gets the job done.

i dont usually print a lot of photos, 99% web and computer use, but i've acheived some great prints when neccessary.. i just dont feel the need to print all my junk :lol:

I like knowing there is digital out there and will probably have one at some point in time....but it doesn't have the same allure for me that film does. It just doesn't.

I voted #2.

I must admit that I am digital all the way and have been impressed by the abilities of my camera. I currently have a 4.2mp Fuji. Lots of great options, but if money was no object I would definitely have the 11MP cannon with 35mm sized cmos.

I've been a digital fan ever since I picked up a digi. I like the instant gratification of looking at the LCD and seeing an impression of what you just shot. I say impression, because there are so many things you just don't see on that tiny display. The fact that most of my stuff just gets loaded onto my computer anyway, makes it the best option for me. :)

Never would have taken up photography if it hadn't been for digital, patience is not my chief virtue which, as anyone who knows me will attest, is a gross understatement, I just can't wait for film to be developed.
That doesn't mean I don't like it and I have a great respect for the film buffs, it's just not my bag.
I also think that film will probably be around for ever because of the afore mentioned film buffs but it's niche will erode as digital improves.

Canon 10D is what I am mostly using now, but I have posted photos taken with all my cameras.

The other equipment is Hasselblad 500CM, (2) Canon EOS-1, (3) Canon A-1, Holga 120 SF, Yashica MG-1, Polaroid One Step and Rolleiflex – 127 Baby Gray. As for films mostly use Kodak 160VC, Ilford XP2 and Agfa Optima. And for the Rolleiflex – 127 Baby Gray Maco Photo is the only company that mass-produces 127 films. B&W Macophot UP100 and Macochrome UCR 100

oriecat said:
I am not a gear oriented person, so I honestly have no idea.
I think I may be a gear junky

If money was no object:
1) Rolleiflex Wide
2) Horseman 45FA w/9x12cm roll film holder
3) Leica M7
I will stop the list at 3

I'm curently using a old Yashica 35mm TL ELECTRO ITS.
I also use a mamiya 645

The film I am currently using is T-Max 400 and 100 I would like to try some Tri-x film. I use 120 for the mamiya and have tried T-Max 400, 100, Kodak VC 400 and will soon try TXP 320

Has anyone had any experience using T-max developer vs D-76 (one better than the other for T-Max and Tri-X?)

If I could spend all the money I wanted I would probably get a digital camera (10D) and then buy a really good printer. I would then probably get one of those new autofocus medformat cameras and start shooting lots of film.
But for know I content with what I have and enjoy shooting film.

I like the suspense of not knowing what you captured on the film and only makes you want to shoot more pictures so you are more likly to get the shot you want.

Film helps me think more I suppose :?

When I ask "What are you shooting?", I meant what is your subject matter? Are you a street photographer? Portraits? Landscape? Etc..., and I don't mean what have you shot all your life, but what are you shooting (subject-wise) these days?

I like to shoot portraits and people.

There is nothing like shooting someone and creating a really good picture of them and the feeling that you accomplished something.

Im also trying some creative shots

People is my main category.

photoman said:
I like to shoot portraits and people.

There is nothing like shooting someone and creating a really good picture of them and the feeling that you accomplished something.

Im also trying some creative shots

People is my main category.

I wanna learn more about shooting people. Right now it's my smallest category, and I'd like to do more. Don't have that many friends though. :?

Most reactions

Back